May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
5 members (Jimmy W, SKB, canvasback, LRF, 1 invisible), 397 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,536
Posts545,993
Members14,420
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Sidelock
Sidelock

Didn't Beretta make a gun about 30-40 years ago that had a trigger that was hinged in the middle? Pulling on the top fired one barrel, or pulling on the bottom pulled the other?

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: L. Brown
I recently bought an inexpensive Spanish OU from the 60's (Laurona) with twin single triggers. Worked fine, either as double triggers or two separate single triggers.

I have one of these as well, they work fine, and I too think it is the best of both worlds.
Don't knock those old Laurona's. My family has purchased 5 or 6 of them, and never had a hiccup. The 26" O/U that my dad gave me when I was 12 is still the gun I shoot the best.
CHAZ

Last edited by Hoof; 05/06/11 11:46 AM.

Sidelock
Sidelock

FWIW, Browning didn't discontinue the conventional double trigger in the '30s. I've got a 1968 Fabrique Nationale Superlight with standard double triggers. Perhaps it was more of a European market thing.

Sidelock
Sidelock

From 30 years before the introduction of the John M. Browning Superposed --

Sidelock
Sidelock

Hard to beat that price.

Such a long, long time to be gone, and a short time to be there.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Wha, wha, wha? waaaaah! Thanks for the egg facial, Trace. Quite right, pull the front trigger twice and get unda and then ovah; pull the rear twice and get ovah then unda. Lucky for me you know how to translate from the original Altzheimer. Otherwise I'd appear to be a certifiable, drooling moron rather than the timelessly hip, agelessly cool, impeccably articulate dude that I certainly must be, doan ya think? I actually do own one of those Supers with too many levers and not enuf switches and I can't remember it having a left or right barrel unless I'm canting it a lot worse than I thought. Perhaps I should check; it's in a sock in a safe or a case behind a sofa or somewhere. What's it look like?

jack

Sidelock
Sidelock

FN made the superposed, not Browning. FN sold double trigger guns post war. I believe none were marked for sale by Browning. Browning took more than 50% of the pre war guns and sold them in North America. FN sold to the rest of the world.

Early Brownings could be ordered to fire the top barrel first with selective triggers, and to fire the top barrel with the front double or twin single trigger. They are fairly common. I do not understand why, but apparently there was some customer demand for what today seems to be an unconventional firing order.

Sidelock
Sidelock

You could say that almost every JMB design except for a handful of single-shot rifles were not "made" by Browning. We are all provincials in one way or the other and the distinction between guns contracted for abroad but sold here vs. their licensed variants for the contractor's home market leads to the wonderful argument seen here a few yrs ago that a Browning Super is "not genuine B-25". Go figure?

jack

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: tudurgs
Didn't Beretta make a gun about 30-40 years ago that had a trigger that was hinged in the middle? Pulling on the top fired one barrel, or pulling on the bottom pulled the other?

Yes they did. It was referred to as a "speed trigger" I believe, and was used in the BL series of OU's that date from the 60's. Specifically the BL-2.

tw Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

BL-2S is the model configuration, the 'S' standing for 'Speed Trigger'. They are quite light, being stocked in Baltic birch or something similar rather than walnut and have minimal bbl. ribs. The speed trigger is easy and natural to use in the field with adequate room for a heavily gloved finger in the trigger guard. They did not catch on with the shooting public here and were not popular in this part of the country. They have the same simple extractor as the regular BL2.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.