May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
7 members (Roundsworth, NCTarheel, Researcher, Jtplumb, Jimmy W, 1 invisible), 1,080 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,503
Posts545,535
Members14,414
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 12 of 13 1 2 10 11 12 13
Sidelock
Sidelock

Dr Bob I agree with everything that you said. But I do have a question for you.
When you were asked for your passport at the airport did you
a) give them your passport and get on the plane
b) get terribly upset over the injustice and create a scene
c) go home mad
d) none of the above
People do stupid sh t every day.
If the op wanted the gun badly enough he would have paid the $25.Instead he chose option b above.

The best hunting is between now and dark.
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

I want to take the chance to clear the air on this topic and say that I acted too quickly and out of irritation by starting this thread. And I should have stuck with my original gut instinct and kept the other party involved nameless.

I never ever thought this would have turned into what it has. I knew, as per my original comments that some similar cases would arrise where others have been through a similar scenario in the past, espacially since I am sure than many of us are collectors of the fine style of gun that this fine site is dedicated to.

I would like to apologize to anyone that may have had undue stress caused as a result of my shooting from the hip.
Truce?

B.Dudley
Sidelock
Sidelock

Ushoot2,
Just calmly asked for the supervisor. Fortunately she had gotten through the 10th grade and recognized Hawaii as a state.

I wish the BATF would issue a statement. Does an 03 FFL confir a right to buy a C&R eligible gun that can't be denied? Or is it like an ID card that shows you are over 21 and can buy a drink at a bar, but the bartender can refuse to serve anybody for any reason?

Great-Great Grandson of D.M. Lefever
www.lefevercollectors.com
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: DrBob
Ushoot2,
Just calmly asked for the supervisor. Fortunately she had gotten through the 10th grade and recognized Hawaii as a state.

I wish the BATF would issue a statement. Does an 03 FFL confir a right to buy a C&R eligible gun that can't be denied? Or is it like an ID card that shows you are over 21 and can buy a drink at a bar, but the bartender can refuse to serve anybody for any reason?

Dudley:
I don't think you have anything to appologize for. I think this thread has been beneficial in that some here have been educated about abuses perpetrated by,hopefully, a small percentage of 01FFL holders.

Just a comment inre. to Dr Bobs above.
I emailed the BATF over 3 months agao asking what I felt was a simple procedural question inre. to Class III weapons. To date; I have not received a response so IMO don't hold your breath waiting for them to respond in another area.
Jim

The 2nd Amendment IS an unalienable right.
Sidelock
Sidelock

I will accept your apologly and I really think that this thread brought out some good points. We all do things our own way. I think you should have just bit the bullit and shipped with the ffl and we both would have recieved guns that we were looking for. I do think that it was improper to state my handle you should have just vented what you wanted to and not let others goat you into pointing out who was involved. I did not vent because you would not ship my way and not doing that was your choice and I respect that. I just feel for a few bucks it could have all been avoided. next time just tell me that if that's the way I want to ship it then I have to pay the ffl fee. I just did that with another sale on this site. Anyhow as far as I am concerned no problems here and I accept
reddhott2

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

I agree reddhott2, looking back at it I most likely should have done what was needed to be done to keep everyone involved happy.
And yes, it was my original intent to just raise the topic as one of concern. And as I suspected, there is much confusion regarding the topic and friendly discussion or debate is always healthy. However, the line between friendly and unfriendly was allowed to be crossed when I named names. And for that, I am sorry.

B.Dudley
Sidelock
Sidelock

Hey Steve
why don't you learn when you have gone to far,and thats now !
Now go back and look a the posts with your low class name calling.

this thread was started because of a non acceptance of a C&R,you came on here-with an agenda as always,about a DL ? Why? cause your looking for a argument.

As Jim as said,where is the case of a 01 FFL getting in trouble for shipping a qualified gun to a 03?

Steve-SKB
Now learn to STFU just like your wife tells you when you pull the same shit with her!

Hillary For Prison 2018
SKB Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Dave,
I did call you a bore....you are indeed very boring. Now for the second time in this thread I will call you a name, you are mental midget, and you still can not comprehend. Why don't you quote my calling you anything other than boring or lacking in mental capacity? You can't, because I didn't. Be a big boy now and man up to starting the name calling, it will be a big step for you.....it's called honesty, give a try, you might like it.
Steve

http://www.bertramandco.com/
Booking African hunts, firearms import services

Here for the meltdowns
Sidelock
Sidelock

If you guys all start singing we are the world I will quit this site cold turkey. Mr Dudley that gun is still here if you want to work out shipping

Sidelock
Sidelock

Dave, I really hate to raise your blood pressure but when you posted this
Quote:
"If" you have 03,which I doubt and you are aquiring or disposing of ANY C&R qualified gun and not putting them in your book,you are breaking the law.
I believe you are wrong.

The only firearms that go in your bound book are the ones you have acquired using your CC&R FFL. You can still acquire all the antique or C&R eligible firearms you want thru 01 FFL's or thru legal private sales between individuals and they are not entered in your book. I hope my interpretation is correct.

Page 12 of 13 1 2 10 11 12 13

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.