Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Rookhawk #218796 02/21/11 03:02 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

They're not going to admit they're at fault in any way, it opens them up for a lawsuit. I had some big problems with bismuth shells years ago, major case failures and shells that were obvious overloads all in a couple cases I'd bought.

I called the company, they asked me to send them the remaining ammo which I did. I never heard anything, finally called again, they acted like they had no idea what I was talking about and said they never got a package from me.

In reflection I'm sure they did this on purpose to cut out any liability.

Destry

Out there at the crossroads molding the devil's bullets. - Tom Waits
Rookhawk #218803 02/21/11 03:27 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

With automated loading equipment, it's all to easy for the machinery to miss a charge of powder or shot, or to incorrectly seat a wad, and that's why strict inspection is important. As previously stated, no manufacturer is totally immune from these problems. What you expect in such instances is good customer support and service, and I am suprised you did not get that, based soley on my very good past experiences with PolyWad and with their products. I certainly hope they will improve their inspection section, and also their customer support. A few problems like this without the necessary customer support and service could quickly lead to the downfall of a good company, and I, for one, would hate to see that.

Rookhawk #218811 02/21/11 03:49 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Well now wait a minute.

Let me call your attention to an excerpt from the Krieghoff K-80 owners manual.

Use factory loaded ammunition only. Factory
ammunition is manufactured with the most
sophisticated and reliable equipment available.
The quality and consistency of factory loaded
ammunition is essential to firearm safety.
NEVER use reloaded ammunition.

You mean to tell us, that FACTORY ammunition, which Polywad certainly is, isn't utterly perfect as claimed by the gun companies and several of our friends here who frequently lecture those of us who handload?

I'm shocked!

"The price of good shotgunnery is constant practice" - Fred Kimble
Rookhawk #218851 02/21/11 09:21 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Interesting - If I ever have to send back a lot of ammo because of failure, I will keep half of it and let them know I am keeping half of it. Perhaps I'll even tell them it's in the custody of my lawyer (who is a shooter, by the way)

Rookhawk #218922 02/22/11 11:11 AM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Go ahead and try RST, they are phenomenal shells, the low pressure makes shooting them a delight in even the lightest of guns. I used to shoot B&P exclusively but many of their offerings are on the hot side. I've sold all the shells I had stocked up and bought RST for everything I shoot.

www.rstshells.com

Rookhawk #220016 03/01/11 06:57 PM
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Final follow up:

I got a call from the distributor thanking me for calling polywad. He stated he has two boxes of shells as a thank you from Polywad for me to pick up. I thanked him graciously and emphasized I didn't deserve replacement shells (I shot mine and have nothing to exchange) but I was concerned about the failure rate.

In the interim, I bought 5 cases of B&P shells and I'm going to give them a try. I shot 2 boxes thus far of their Subsound 7/8 ounce light loads and had ZERO failures. I'll have to keep shooting them and see if I prefer them over time as they have the same pressure as the 1 ounce Polywads. I'd rather have the 1 ounce load but not with the failures.

Rookhawk #220018 03/01/11 07:12 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

I know that thousands of rounds of RST shells were fired at the NE SxS shoot last June. Morris Baker of RST was there with a tent supplying a large number of the shooters. I did not experience or hear of any misfires. That is not to say that some dis not happen that I didn't hear of, but it was not a topic of conversation among the shooters.

Great-Great Grandson of D.M. Lefever
www.lefevercollectors.com
Rookhawk #220020 03/01/11 07:17 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Aw, shucks - About 3 months ago I bought 4 boxes of 12 gauge 2.5" 7/8 oz #6 from Polywad. I planned on patterning some and using the rest for hunting next season.

There's no way I'll take them afield now. I don't need another excuse for missing! How ticked off would you be if after 2 hours in the brambles a nice grouse gave you the rare perfect shot and he escaped because the cartridge went poof instead of BLAM!

I'm sticking to my RST's. Got a case of 1oz #5's just waiting. Oh yeah, got almost a full case of Lyalvale 2.5" 1 oz #6's from awhile back, almost forgot about them!

I guess I'm all set for the rest of my life.

Last edited by Krakow Kid; 03/01/11 07:18 PM.
Rookhawk #220026 03/01/11 08:05 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

RH, it could be something as simple as the primers seated too deeply on the Polywads. I was shooting some preserve quail last week with an Ithaca Classic Doubles 20ga. That gun has never misfired on me, and I've shot it quite a bit. No problems with various brands of factory shells (including Polywad--although I have not shot that many of them--and RST), nor with reloads. Well, during the course of the morning, I had 4 misfires with factory Remington Gun Club shells. Had used them in the past with no issues. Primers dented, but maybe too lightly. Switched to Estates in the afternoon, fired almost a whole box, every one went "bang". (Also had a couple left-over Gun Clubs, and they both went bang as well.) Sometimes stuff happens.

Rookhawk #220032 03/01/11 08:48 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

A friend and I bought about 50 flats of Polywads in all three gauges last spring. Have not shot them all, of course, but all have performed beautifully. I am especially happy with the 16 gauges. Light recoil [felt] in light guns.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.