May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
1 members (Argo44), 217 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,547
Posts546,170
Members14,423
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Sidelock
Sidelock

I have had two SHO's. One I still have! Great guns but they are all individual. You may recall the side lock Perazzi's began life as a Perazzi-Fabri creation keep in mind both were young Perazzi a great and already well known gunsmith. Fabri a very good mechanical engineer. Fabri went to study ie collaborate with perazzi. Perazzi learned about modern machine processes. The first perazzi-fabri sidelock was not a smashing success. They soon went their separate ways as perazzi wanted to focus on high quality high volume compition guns. Fabri focused on best quality low volume. Both reached the peak of their endeavors.
The side by sides in the sidelock version their is not much difference between the two makers. They had their problems. Mainly with the triggers. They both discontinued this type of shotgun.
The boxlock only Perazzi made predominately in the drop trigger version which never went any where but was as reliable as his current O&U production. I looked at these for the first time in germany in 1968 When you could get them in double or single trigger configuration. Check an old copy of waffen-frankona catalog from this era to see them.
They a little on the ugly side but handle well. I do know that Pachmayers sold Perazzis until Ithaca got the franchise in 1968-69. I wish I could find the brochures that Frank gave me from those days on Perazzis.
If he thinks they will sell well I am sure Daniel will make them and they will be an improvement on those original ones. In fact I think one of the contributors to this board has a perazzi boxlock sxs for sale as well as an SHO and a DHO hock your grandchildren's college fund and go for it !!
This is way more info than required sometimes I cannot help myself.

John Mc

Sidelock
Sidelock

Chuck, if someone bought that DHO for that price he did well, maybe I am messing up my letters but the last time I saw one for sale was in the USA at $55,000 !! best, Mike

Sidelock
Sidelock

Mike,
I can't say for certain it was a DHO, but it was a sxs Perazzi and it was around that price that I mentioned. At least it was advertised around that price and discussed here for a day or so, then it was sold.

Sidelock
Sidelock

At that price I would suspect that it was a DC series gun, the boxlock. I, unfortunately, passed on one of those that Michel deCheveroux (weak on the spelling there)was brokering at LasVegas a few years ago.

If anyone should come across a DC series gun for sale I'd be interested in knowing of it.

Dr.WtS

Dr.WtS
Mysteries of the Cosmos Unlocked
available by subscription
Sidelock
Sidelock

I would be very surprised if that were true. Or should I say that Perazzi is actually making the gun themselves, or are they farming it out? They did this many years ago with a less expensive o/u

Maybe since Fausti is making guns for everbody else, might make this on too!

John Boyd

John Boyd
Quality Arms Inc
Houston, TX
713-818-2971
Sidelock
Sidelock

I spoke with a friend that knows the U.S. rep, Danielle(?). He stopped by to see him in the So. Cal store and during the visit it was mentioned that the sxs is being made again. My friend placed an orderfor two guns right then.

The gun he ordered was a boxlock. Two frame sizes in this gun are available (12/20) with gauges from 12-410. His recollection was that the base price was $17k. Gingerbread included up to SCO models like the o/u's as well as drop out trigger groups and coil/hairpin spring options.

Sidelock
Sidelock

That is actually kinda bad news. If Perazzi would halve the price they could prolly quadruple the market. Clearly the technology to make a quality affordable SxS is there - see Connecticut and Beretta, and it is unfortunate that Perazzi doesn't tumble to that... I mean, 21stCentury CNC, c'mon.

Dr.WtS

Dr.WtS
Mysteries of the Cosmos Unlocked
available by subscription
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.