April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
1 members (SKB), 394 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,480
Posts545,231
Members14,410
Most Online1,335
Apr 27th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Sidelock
Sidelock

Well now - For no discernible reason whatsoever I've been progressively getting a hankering for a big bore over the psat couple months. Just a creeping tug going through the usual rounds spinning from one website to another, just checking on what's available, a little voice whispering "10 bore, what's up with that 10 bore there?". Now, my dear fellow, you have blown the top of my skull off with those pictures of your seriously gorgeous 8 bore, for God's sake! Man, I used to have a general feeling I knew exactly what I wanted and needed, and that bit of wool covered my eyes rather nicely. Well, I needn't tell you how the winds stirred to gale force, blew the wool from my eyes, blew my eyes right outta their sockets and now I want it ALL!

Sidelock
Sidelock

My old 8 bore. A Joseph Lang patent hammerless. Lagopus.....

p.s. Obsessed with Doubles; the loading information in Shooting Times was part of a series on re-loading which gave formula over various issues just as part of a table.

CBL1 Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Out in the final few weeks of the season here in the UK with the Paton. Fantastic fun and a privilege to be out on the marsh with her.

Definitely got "goose fever" though - two fantastic chances of downwind honkers blown badly down to sheer excitement. Not able to make it out on this coming last weekend of the season and so a long wait until Sept frown. Time to start to learn reloading and get out on the clays to practice!

Sidelock
Sidelock

Good to see it in the field!

I have a line on a Purdey 8g. Waiting for pics and to find out more.

Thanks

OWD

Good Gun Alerts & more:

www.DogsandDoubles.com
Sidelock
Sidelock

Man oh man, that is one beautiful gun. You're damn right somebody took good care of it, just look at those barrels and colors on the action. Engraving looks like it was done last week and the wood earns the right to be part of the whole with its lovely figure. You've got some great years ahead of you with that big blaster. Congratulations on the great success of your 4 year quest!

Sidelock
Sidelock

Good to see the old girl in action. I knew you'd get along.

CBL1 Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Small Bore
Good to see the old girl in action. I knew you'd get along.

It feels special using her to be honest Dig; I have only had 4 shots this season and yet to score, but it doesn't bother me at all. Plenty of time for that - and quite rare to be so excited at taking a shot that it takes me back 25 yrs when I first started shooting. smile

Many thanks for your kind comments Krakow Kid - appreciated. Looking forward to next season already.

Last edited by CBL1; 02/19/11 06:11 PM.
CBL1 Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

By way of a quick query, I have been informed that the latest edition of the DGJ contains a picture/pictures of the locks on my Paton 8ga (in an article by Diggory).

Can anyone confirm/deny this as if it is so, I will purchase it from the US and get it shipped over here.

Thanks in advance gentlemen.

Craig.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Absolutely beautiful double!

Jeff Pelayo
443-786-6502
jpdecoys@ymail.com
www.CanvasbackDecoyGallery.com
Sidelock
Sidelock

New to his thread but, wow! What a fine piece you do have there! The condition is truly amazing, considering. Your taste in firearms is impeccable! Please, do keep us abreast of your progress with this fine old fowler with photos to go along with commentary, when possible. Outstanding, my good man!
JR

Last edited by John Roberts; 05/12/11 09:26 AM.

Be strong, be of good courage.
God bless America, long live the Republic.
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.