May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
1 members (buckstix), 353 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,527
Posts545,852
Members14,420
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

I didn't see a lot of double guns but there were some. When I chose the "pop out" icon the movie screen got a lot bigger.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tIrrnZrOeYE&feature=BF&list=ULuyDm3IQXZAM&index=3

This is by my friend Dane. He owns and runs an outfitter service here in the Panhandle. I have been on his dove hunts and they were always very good.

Best,

Mike

Last edited by AmarilloMike; 02/17/11 12:37 PM.

I am glad to be here.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Thanks for the nice link. Now I know why my duck, goose, and pheasant averages aren't as good as I would like. I have never seen as many shots against a clear blue sky background in my life as I did on that video. If I went out with that guy, I would be the next Nash Buckingham. Sign me up. Thanks again. Murphy

Sidelock
Sidelock

Thanks for posting this video.

-Shoot Straight, IM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Why most of American dogs do not wait for command to retrieve?
By our rules its dead fault.

Geno.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: eightbore
If I went out with that guy, I would be the next Nash Buckingham. Sign me up. Thanks again. Murphy

Here you go:

http://www.tulecreek.com/rates.asp

Pete

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Geno
Why most of American dogs do not wait for command to retrieve?
By our rules its dead fault.

The field trial dogs don't break like that. Hunter's dogs just keep the picking up done and manners are often ignored. It is only a problem when a premature retrieve frightens an incoming flock of birds. With the flushing shots a break does sometimes create a dangerous shooting situation, but most hunters are very careful about the dogs.

As far a my own dogs go, I'm just happy when they do not eat the bird!...Geo

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

There are several different field trial associations for pointing dogs with different rules. In the "National Shoot To Retrieve Association" the dog breaks with the flush and if he doesn't he scores lower.

In West Texas (flushing birds) it is dry and hot and dusty and a wounded pheasant must run about 25mph and a wounded blue quail can cover the ground too so I want the dog to go at the flush to lower the number of lost wounded birds.

And yall are very welcome.

Best,

Mike

Last edited by AmarilloMike; 02/17/11 04:39 PM.

I am glad to be here.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Too good to be true? Don't them Lone Star gunners ever miss, or did they edit those few misses out? As for the dogs and the flushing breeds not holding until released to then retrieve- that nicety is more in Field Trial work than actual field shooting, as shown herein. My Lab- Khartoum, is off when he sees the bird drop, and I have very very little crippling losses with that. Nowas for the music- except for the Mexican Mariacchi Band behind the Saltwater fishing (boring)-- the classical music piece selected sounds to my ears like a Bach Fugue in D minor-- and the next selection, Travis-style guitar work- the riff is "Shortenin' Bread" it it could be Clarence White, Merle Watson or Randall P. Hilton doin' the pickin' all of those great pickers are gone! RWTF

"The field is the touchstone of the man"..

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.