May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
6 members (Marks_21, battle, Jeremy Pearce, mel5141, Ted Schefelbein, Tim in PA), 984 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,527
Posts545,845
Members14,420
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 14 of 15 1 2 12 13 14 15
Sidelock
Sidelock

Big deal 1 gun that fails proof and you make all this fuss. Just send it out for sleeving and forget it.

John Foster
Sidelock
Sidelock

I've also heard from friends in trade that they have heard of more problems recently. This isn't just a blip...something appears to have changed in the processs..
t

Sidelock
Sidelock

You wouldn't have a vested interest in giving that answer would you John? besides, if my gun were the only one, I would not be as concerned that there was a particular issue. Numerous reports such as there are raises questions. I'm just asking questions.

The "don't wash our dirty linen in public" approach is typical of the gun trade. Keep it quiet, don't explain anything, don't take responsibility and wait for the problem to go away. Until next time.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Stop sending the old war horses in...

Sidelock
Sidelock

I do not think that this thread is now going anywhere.
Should the problem that does exist be resolved, I will update you all.
Until that time I will refrain from posting.
For John Foster to make such a ridiculous statement as he has obviously shows that he could not care less about valuable guns being damaged, sometimes beyond repair.
I find that attitude very poor.
The original poster only started this thread to make people aware of possible problems and many of us have only posted to share knowledge and experiences.

Sidelock
Sidelock

A good number of folks in the US do send their British guns back for re-proof. While I am not personally in that category, I do applaud those who have brought this to our attention.

Miller/TN
I Didn't Say Everything I Said, Yogi Berra
Sidelock
Sidelock

How could I have a vested interest?? You have 1 gun failed proof. It is proved unsafe to shoot that is what the proof house is for. They have saved some one from blowing their hands or face off. The gun now needs to be repaired and reproofed. So have it sleeved.

All the other guns that have failed proof are just hear say. I haven't heared of any failing and there are few people that put more guns into proof than me.

Salopain, You have it wrong, a gun that requires reproof is NOT a valuble gun it is a potential sleever and it is valued accordingly. You still have not sent me a PM with your ID and gun trade qualifications.

John Foster
Sidelock
Sidelock

As it is The Gun Trade Asosiation AGM in May ,to which I assume that all the British correspondents are members. Can I ask has the GTA been askeked to mediate on your behalf? Has the GTA been aproched and this matter put on the agenda for disscusion? If not why not.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Gunman, That's what I asked but these 5 minute wonders who think they know about the gun trade will not answer my questions. They seem to be all blow and no go. If we submit good quality workmanship to the proof house it will pass. Only the junk fails and so it should.

John Foster
gunman #220687 03/06/11 11:04 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: gunman
As a PS I am like most people In the British gun trade concerned with the problem and agree whole heartedly that a solution needs to be found.

But , this is our problem and endless discusion on an American web site is not the answer. Discussion within the British Trade and investigation by the Proof Houses is what is needed . If indeed London is "blowing up barrels " then use Birmingham as they do not seem to have the same problem.
I say again this is a British problem ,washing our dirty linen in public is not going to help.

gunman, with the greatest of respect, I'd disagree. This is an international forum populated primarily with people who care deeply about British made guns - many of us consider them an international treasure and wish to give them the most sympathetic use and care possible. Some here are deeply interested in gun technology, including the various proof systems. It is my understanding that proof failures are uncommon due to the requirements for pre-submission prepration; a failure in testing usually means something in the preparation-viewing-firing schedule went wrong. When the failure is limited to one specific type, bulges in front of the chokes, one suspects a process failure rather than a speciman failure. Safety system process failures are alarmingandrequire an explaination rather than an "All clear!"

Yes, I do "peek at the works." I am unabashadly interested!! And,by the way,I do know a bit about testing.

All said in the spirit of comradship and with all due respect.

smile

Page 14 of 15 1 2 12 13 14 15

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.