I travelled to Your National Library in Ottawa in September 1994, to do Tobin research. Got to say that the folks there bent over backwards to get me anything I wanted. They seemed enthralled a Yank was interested in anything Canadian. I then went on to Woodstock and looked at the old factory building, which housed a discount shoe and luggage store at that time. They had some information and a gun at the museum at Woodstock. I met with several local collectors and saw some good piles of Tobin parts that the locals said Crandall's family had hauled to the dump about 1951. They told me the son fled to the auto industry in Detroit/Windsor as soon as Gladstone was cold. I have more G.B. Crandall Tobin catalogues than I've seen of the guns he made. I was shown a very late crude gun that used a coil mainspring and cocking rod instead of the roller V-spring.

Don't know why they chose to show a half-pistol grip on that cut-away picture on page 8 in catalog No. 311. They had a straight grip on the cut-away picture in Catalog No. 110. All the grade descriptions say "straight or pistol grip" except the No. 55 and No. 40 which just say "full pistol grip." All the grades in the Norwich catalogues are offered with half-pistol grips with the higher grades offering the option of straight or full pistol as well. For some reason all the Woodstock No. 70 Trap Grades I've recorded were straight grips, and they are the dominant grade in the Canadian Tobins I've recorded.