Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 15 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 14 15
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: StormsGSP
Utah Shotgunner-

Is this gun purchased from one of the well known wood blank guys? Think I saw it on his website recently and was just wondering.

Alex

I thought the same thing. I even called the guy about buying it.
I think his other gun was on Westley Richards site last year ?

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: StormsGSP
Utah Shotgunner-

Is this gun purchased from one of the well known wood blank guys? Think I saw it on his website recently and was just wondering.

Alex

Alex,

I don't know if Pete still has it on his website. The short answer is 'yes'.

The long answer is that I found the gun at Antique and Modern Guns in Lexington, KY in the summer of 1998. One of my very first 'What is it worth?' questions on this BBS was posted from the hotel my wife to be and I were staying at. On the advise mostly of Bill Wise and Russ Ruppel I purchased the gun. Actually I had them hold it for me and bought my wifes engagement ring the same day at a Lexington jewelry store. I asked, she said yes and I went back the next day and had them ship the gun to my home. Always important to get the purchases and questions in the correct order.

I then traded it to Pete a few months later. Regretting it almost a year + later Pete kindly traded it back to me for the same gun we had traded originally (incidently a back action Scott Crystal Indicator) and a little more to cover some work (the pad) that he had done.

It will stay with me for the forseeable future.

Joe,

Yes, my other gun was sold on consignment by Westley Richards.

Wow do you folks keep track of my guns or what.....

Mike
Sidelock
Sidelock

One of our members here had an even higher grade Scott.

I can't remember the designation (brain fade sucks) ******* Premier. Hopefully he'll post pictures.

I'll see if I still have pictures of it or the 20ga Premier hammergun that another member owns.

EDIT: IMPERIAL PREMIER !

Pics to follow.

Last edited by Utah Shotgunner; 01/16/07 08:13 PM.

Mike
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Ken Georgi
Mike,

I had some of the info on this gun you provided (thank you) but had neglected to record the barrel number. The closest Lindner barrel number to your gun (#1299) is #1304, which corresponds with a Prussian Daly with a serial number just over #1000. Based on the features of that gun, I would estimate the date of production as circa-1903. This date would jive with the proof marks on your second set of barrels. Are these damascus or fluid steel barrels?

Your gun has a story to tell for sure.

Ken

- There are two .410 built by Lindner in the database, one being a Daly. I'm not sure if the SLC gun is one of them.

Ken,

From the pictures I have of the .410 I think the s/n is 2235. If that doesn't match your records I can contact the owner to confirm. I have many pictures of this gun if you are interested.

As to the barrels on the 10ga. They appear to be fluid steel, but I thought (and hope) that they are blued damascus. I have never checked them properly. During the renovation we'll find out for sure. Your date of 1903 is later than I expected.

A member here once replied to a post about this gun and recognized it from Antique and Modern's display and emailed me of seeing it being sold at an estate auction shortly before I bought it. He offered to look into it more, but I never heard from him.

Mike
Sidelock
Sidelock

Things have been set in stone for years - you can buck the system all you want, but - it still is, and - still will be!
If you feel that the Premier should go to the head of the class, so be it.
It makes not a wits' difference to me.
The tier system has been turned into freeform modern art - its what ever you want see, or want it to be.
Or!
What ever you have in your cabinet at the moment.

Last edited by Lowell Glenthorne; 01/16/07 08:21 PM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Here are the pictures of the Imperial Premier.

I do not own this gun (I wish...) but the owner was kind enough to share pictures. As I understand the Scott records show this was one of THREE identical guns. I think the member who kindly sent me these pics knows where one of the two remaining guns is located. I won't post more, but hopefully he will share more of the story.

Mike
Sidelock
Sidelock

Here are the pictures of the 20ga Premier Hammergun.
Again I believe there is a 'story' with this gun but I will leave it up to the owner to share any information. I offer thanks to all the folks who have shared pictures with me over the years.

I have been begging to buy this gun for more than half a decade now. No luck.....

Mike
Sidelock
Sidelock

BTW - I hope Bill Wise finds his way back here in the near future. He would be thrilled by this thread and has been enormously helpful with my search for Scott information and guns over the years.

Mike
Sidelock
Sidelock

That Imperial Premier is drop dead gorgeous. Can you tell us what year it was built?
Jim

The 2nd Amendment IS an unalienable right.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Nice guns...Lowell shouldn't look at these...they are beneath him. lOl

What's the serial number on the Imperial and is it marked Imperial Premier ?

Doesn't the lever appear high on the 20 ?

Page 8 of 15 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 14 15

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.