April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
6 members (ithaca1, Tim in PA, graybeardtmm3, barrel browner, eeb, jake van dyke), 416 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,478
Posts545,198
Members14,410
Most Online1,335
Apr 27th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Sidelock
Sidelock

Ken,

Good to see you around and posting.

Pete

Sidelock
Sidelock

We are not giving production card information away. It is available to dues paying members of the A.H. Fox Collectors Association, Inc., in the members only forum of the A.H. Fox Collectors Association web site. Each dues paying member is entitled to one free look up per year and after that there is a $25 per look up charge. We email a jpeg of the card to the requesting member. Be advised we only have photocopies of the graded gun production cards, no Sterlingworths, and in most cases only the face of the card. So, a $40 letter from Savage historian, Mr. John T. Callahan, 53 Old Quarry Road, Westfield, MA 01085, may well provide more information from the back of the card, but may take up to eight weeks to receive.

http://www.foxcollectors.com/ah_fox/content/

Last edited by Researcher; 10/23/10 04:49 PM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Much ado caused by bad scoop. Canvasback was given given wrong infor on posting the ser. no. here to get a reading on the card. A previous poster, life member of the Fox Associatoin should know how these things work. Hmmm. -Nitro

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Sorry if a fuss got started. I feel like I got the info I was looking for. People should be free to post what they want to. If they have reasons for not posting certain information, well, that's their prerogative.

To all who tried to help me with information, thank you.

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
Sidelock
Sidelock

Nitro, I don't know if I interpreted your post correctly, but the two directors would not be "giving away a free letter" by telling the fellow to post his serial number so they could tell him whether he had an H Grade or not. Instead, they chose to run around the track with information about markings, frame dimensions etc. I ran around the same track, waiting for the AHFCA directors to ask for the serial number, as I did. I'm sorry that didn't happen. Telling the fellow whether or not he has an H Grade is not the same thing as "giving away a free letter".

Sidelock
Sidelock

This was done properly. Lets say Cannie posted serial number on dgshop and directer replies its a H-E. Then the next poster gives fox serial number with 28 in barerls and wants to know if barrels are cutoff ? Directer answers and says barrels should be 30 in. Next man wants to know if hisFox was made with kick pad, etc ect. In the meantime member's like me are complaining, they are paying dues and production spec's are beeing given away for free. I think directers' are doing there job well, and its good some others are'nt running the club. Good the directer's didnt take the bait here.
CB

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.