April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
5 members (Ian Forrester, earlyriser, Steve Nash, Researcher, 1 invisible), 436 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,480
Posts545,223
Members14,410
Most Online1,335
Apr 27th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Sidelock
Sidelock

I was there on Friday. Very hot and humid. I was dressed lightly and wondered at some who were dressed for Scotland. I think they should have it later in the year. I looked at those Ideals too, both junkers. W. Larkin Moore had a 20 bore Ovunder for 23K that I really wanted but I wouldn't even pay that for a car. Prices in general have gotten silly. He also had a V19 Darne 12 bore for 7.5K. I could buy the same in France for half that. The only bargain I saw there was a 16 guage Model 12 for $600 but I guess the Vintager's isn't where one goes for bargains.
nial

Sidelock
Sidelock

The Manufrenchies were priced at 14 hundred and 22 hundred. Both looked dogtired (one action bar bright plated, the other with a good bit of case) and one had a brass snapshackle for a sling disconnect and was missing the little "puzzle piece" behind the trigger guard. I believe it was Kirby Hoyt's tables; he solicits the things so makes sense.

jack

Sidelock
Sidelock

Ive gone when at Orvis.
Seems to me a Husqvarna dealer needs
a table there.
I cant think of another way to get new blood into that.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I was at the Vintagers Saturday. It was hot with little air movement in the tents. The dealers seemed to have had as many, if not more, guns on display as other years. The buying crowd of other years wasn't there though. I carried I great little Darne around for five hours, the dealers thought it was priced right but didn't want to buy. Only two other people even asked to look at it. It was a good opportunity to talk to people who are usually to busy with customers.I'm looking forward to next years event.
Dave

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Researcher-

Nice to meet you and see the rest of the Parker/Fox crowd. A real pleasure.

I'm a little drunk on all the nice guns I saw and people I met. Dizzying, really.

I just talked to a guy for over an hour about a Guyot he has. We met near the show and I took lots of pics of the gun. I'll post everything to my blog over the next few day.

BTW: I have pics of Kirby's Manufrenchies. I'll post them.

Take care.

Gregg

Last edited by obsessed-with-doubles; 09/26/10 11:50 AM.

Good Gun Alerts & more:

www.DogsandDoubles.com
Sidelock
Sidelock

My bottom feeder pick of show was a gun I saw early Thurs.: Lefever GE damascus at 9C on Allgood's tables. Came up flat and centered for me but Allgood said he had someone "coming in later to look at it" and I didn't feel like disappointing as I've got a G extractor and no real walking around money. Someone had adjusted the jack screw to make the lever go to 5 o'clock. Giveaway was the doll's head proud of the mortise in the bar. I hauled two "pin" SWs (one a Sterlingworth Co.)and an early Fox BE down there Thurs. and then decided that the heat and the thin early crowd didn't warrant the wares on a blanket game. Ken Buch could probably fill the place with inexpensive Huskies but had only one with him. What does that tell you? Certainly as Parkerish as I've ever seen it. What's that about?

jack

Sidelock
Sidelock

Rabbit, I believe Ken has made a turn in his marketing strategy and does not bring in Huskies any more. I got mine some time ago.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Ken had 2 Husky Model 20s and sold them both.

Sidelock
Sidelock

To ex-Parker owners?

jack

Sidelock
Sidelock

Anyone who has seen the inside of both would choose the Husky!

Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.