April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
6 members (Roundsworth, SKB, Jerry G, battle, J.B.Patton, 1 invisible), 1,050 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,434
Posts544,720
Members14,402
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Mike, did you shoot any of those slugs yet? I am curious as to the results, or if the regullateion was close/
Greg

Boxlock
Boxlock

I have a set of 30" Hastings 12gauge barrel blanks that I am going to build into a double 12 bore. The twist is 1-34" and is optimized for Hasting's saboted slugs. I'm just in the parts gathering stage now. Am thinking of building it on a JP Sauer double...when I find one suitable to convert (or ruin trying).

Last edited by tarawa; 06/10/08 05:03 PM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

I'm leaving Wednesday morning to look over a new shipment of double guns and rolling blocks just in from Europe. Among other things I'm looking for a German gun with bad barrels that would be a candidate for a double rifled shotgun receiver. They should cost about $400. If anyone wants one or a roller or nice double, PM now and give me a phone number and I'll see what there is.

Allan

Sidelock
Sidelock

Okay,

I am curious.... Can existing shotgun barrels be rifled? Then be regulated.

PS I have a .45/70 built on an IGA/Stoger 16 ga, with pac-nor barrels. It will shot the pants off of any Pedersoli.

Jerry

Sidelock
Sidelock

Also...
Read W. Ellis Brown's Book Building Double RIfles on Shotgun Actions.

Jerry

Someday I'll have time and guts to try it.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Allan, Private messages don't work very well. Would you please email me.

Thanks

Mark

mark@mbabllc.com

Sidelock
Sidelock

RD Show,

Is it feasible to put a set of rifled tubes in a Valmet O/U shotgun? They are made to take interchangeable shotgun and rifle barrels such as 30/06 and 9.3X74R. Since they are of monoblock design, could a set of barrels be inserted into the monoblock after removing the smoothbore shotgun barrels?

I have an extra set of 12 GA shotgun barrels as donor barrels.

Allan

Sidelock
Sidelock

A few years ago I worked for Legacy Sports, importer of Silma shotguns, Brescia, Italy. After a SHOT Show I bought one of the uncataloged show samples, a 12 gauge o/u boar gun with 22" cylinder-bored unrifled barrels. The upper barrel has a milled ramp front sight and a long milled groove rear sight that could probably also take some kind of special claw mount. That fall I took a 4-point buck with a Brenneke slug (two, actually) at about 35 yards quartering toward me. The slug did tear up the meat a bit but the deer dropped in its tracks. LSI no longer lists Silma and I believe the marque is no longer available in the US market. You can see the gun on the Silma website: http://www.silma.net -- look for M70 Slug model. Although it looks a little ungainly, it actually balances and shoulders nicely and patterns slugs at around 4" which seems not too bad for a smoothbore. I may have the only one on these shores, and no -- it's not for sale

Sidelock
Sidelock

To: Vol423 -- Among other Valmet/Tikka barrel sets, Russ Gould of Doublegun Headquarters is listing a set of 12 gauge Becassier barrels for the Valmet 412, one cylinder bored and one rifled. Contact him at: russ@canby.com or check the online store at

http://doublegunhq.com/

Look for item 2884. I'm a Valmet fan and have several barrel sets, including the 12/.308, but this option is new to me. If I didn't already have that Sulma slug gun I might be tempted.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I asked Russ about rifled barrels before I thought of having someone convert a set of Valmet barrels. He mentioned the rifled/smooth barrel set. Kinda strange, I imagine it is for slugs and buckshot.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.