April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 220 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,463
Posts545,044
Members14,409
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 11 of 11 1 2 9 10 11
Sidelock
Sidelock

"try using your real name. It is not that scary, really."

Speaking of provenance....Just to let you know, Yeti isn't my real name. But ever since Mayor Guiliani, yes, the same the hoplophobic hero of the 9/11 television experience, declared 10/22's to be assault weapons in the mid-90s and excluded sidearms to all but shop owners and superstars a couple of years later, I run silenter/deeper. The CFO and I are looking at property outside of little Europe next weekend and the possibility of outing myself is a happy one. I'm not yearning for seat at the collector's Round Table (though admission to the Purple Hands Gang...), but it's pretty awkward introducing myself at the gun show to another member; "Nice to meet you Bill, uhhh, I use the screen name Yeti". "Yes, *dum-ass* nice to meet you too".

Last edited by Yeti; 01/13/07 10:42 AM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Lowell Glenthorne

Provenance, is for the more advanced among us.

Let's see if I keep the reciet to the tires I got stacked on the roof of my hOuse trailer...is that provenance ?

"Advanced among us"....now that was a gOOd one lOw'e...lol.

Ever think of starting a Beezly club ?

Sidelock
Sidelock

No j0e, I'm not very clubish!
Frederick Beesley had about 2800 serial numbered guns, rifles and pistols. A few he built as best guns, some 2nd quality Sle guns and others were boxlock ejectors.
...and the famous "Shotover," of course!
I've had a few Beesleys - a club of one.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Yeti,

I have no problem with a "nom de nette" - I use one on other forums. But like most, even when I'm using a "nom de nette", my identity is known by several others at least privately on the board. I don't think that is the case with Lowell. My only point is that Lowell might actually have to step off the "manor" if he wants to find a way into the world he so desperately seeks entrance into.

Ken

Last edited by Ken Georgi; 01/13/07 10:40 AM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Ken, don't need the boy howdys!
Cash is king, even with this crowd.
I've come up with a few handsome guns/rifles without the elite circle of friends help - and I'll keep it that way.
The internet, and the phone are hooked-up at the mannor house.

Sidelock
Sidelock

lOw'e it must be lOnely at the top.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Surely the pseudonyms are intended to be memorable identifiers rather than a means of evasion or a license to be objectionable. Pretty much a matter of style--self-characterization, suggestion of a passion (doubleguns) or mastery of some specific skill, frequently some regional or historical assocation. Aside from a handful of exceptions, probably most of us here wouldn't be considered worth the trouble as targets of harassment or subjects of an FBI file. If I thought for a moment the Lindbergh kidnapping were imminent in my case, I'd choose to post as John Smith. I considered C. Wookie but Yeti has that territory marked. Amazing that there are noses long enuf to search the greater St. Louis directories for "LG" and be offended when they find nothing!

jack (his real name) rabbit (not)

Sidelock
Sidelock

Do I care if rabbit is rabbit, or Yeti is Yeti!
OR
How about, if Ken Georgi is really Ken Georgi.
Not really - it makes not a wit's difference to me.

Why he brings me-up?

Last edited by Lowell Glenthorne; 01/13/07 03:47 PM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

He thinks you're trying to dump us for a more upscale BBS

Last edited by Yeti; 01/13/07 05:54 PM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Yep, it is really me Lowell - real name and everything.

Don't care if you use your name or not, or if you ever set foot off your ranchette for that matter. Glad you're happy holed up on your property with modem line. I'd rather shoot with the group, share a hunt, and maybe trade some interesting guns.

This is my last post on this topic. My apologies from steering it from the original discussion of the Czar Parker.

Ken

Page 11 of 11 1 2 9 10 11

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.