Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Sidelock
Sidelock

The prettiest wood I ever saw on a gun was a stock made with birdseye maple. There were so many "eyes" in the wood- it was gorgeous. The only thing was that it was on a Silver Seitz and the price was $12,000.00 I thought about it for days but decided not to. Boy that hurt.

Sidelock
Sidelock

How does one contact Cecil Fredi?

Sidelock
Sidelock

Sidelock
Sidelock

Maybe I'm all wet on my thinking about the RBL wood upgrades.

Here is how I looked at it when I ordered my gun with exibition turkish. The gun comes with a base offer 2X wood on it. This should be valued somewhere between $250.00 to $350.00 for the blank. When you upgrade they do not discount the basic blank price and give you a $700.00 blank as a replacement. Your upgraded wood should reflect the basic price plus your extra money added to it.

With this in mind I'm expecting the value of around a $1000.00 blank, not a $700.00 one.

I have purchased from Cecil Fredi in the past and was happy with the experience. The blank I purchased was a stick of English that I paid $650.00 for and would put up against most of the RBL wood I've seen posted yet.

I'm not saying the guns that have been posted so far aren't nice. I am questioning if your really getting what you paid for!

I've been trading Parker-repro's over the last several years and have had several with great wood on them. Even at today's prices you can find a new re-pro 20ga with great wood in the price range of the RBL with a few up-grades on it. You can get pictures of the Re-pro and see it before you purchase it and know what your getting! But this is the chance we all took buying the RBL sight unseen.

Bet your money Take your chances!

Sidelock
Sidelock

Quote:
the chance we all took buying the RBL sight unseen.

Bet your money Take your chances!

But, at least with the RBL, if you don't like the gun when it finally arrives, Tony will refund your "bet." All you are out is the opportunity cost of your deposit or PIF. And isn't anticipation half the fun?

Sidelock
Sidelock

It looks like Cantwell's is going out of business. Maybe some deals?

Don't know much about them myself

http://www.cantwellwood.com/

Sidelock
Sidelock

Will Tony refund your money because you don't like the figure of wood on it? I don't know because I've never asked this question when talking with Carol.

The only gun's that I know of that have been returned/refunded had been returned for other problems "I.E. mechanical or finish problems" and the customers requested a refund. Even with these CSMC wanted the chance to repair them first.

The common sense tactic for Tony would be to offer to replace your wood with another stock set in an attempt to make a customer happy. Has anyone heard of one refunded because a customer didn't like the wood?

By the way: What is Galazans refund policy on the RBL? Can you send it back for a full refund for any reason once they have sent it to you? I can't rememeber ever reading anything about a refund policy for it!

Sidelock
Sidelock

I haven't bothered Carol since October, so I guess I'll call tomorrow to check on my "December" delivery. Will try to clarify return/refund policy.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Mr. Galazan offered a full refund if I was not satisfied. Please see my post in the last installment of the RBL Saga that ran on this board about two weeks ago. It contained an e-mail I recieved from the BOSS himself.

-Shoot Straight, IM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Thanks. That's what I thought I had read.

Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.