March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
1 members (Travis S), 251 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,373
Posts543,976
Members14,389
Most Online1,131
Jan 21st, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#186983 04/26/10 02:05 PM
Cary Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

How many members of this board were there? What did you think of it?

Sidelock
Sidelock

I was there and found a nice NID 20 gauge Field Grade with all the options, e.g. ejectors, SST, vent rib, BTFE. A rather rare configuration! Made my day.

Last edited by Walter C. Snyder; 04/26/10 02:16 PM.
Cary Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Walt- I saw you there and was pleased to meet you. The only gun that really got my attention was a 20 gage EE Lefever (Syracuse) the young lady with me found. When she saw the price tag she knew why I don't have one. All in all a great show. Wonderful people, beautiful guns and pretty country.

As an aside, the young lady accompanying me had been warned a gunshow was not the place a black girl should go. Too many racsist red necks. After a short while, she was right at home and can't stop talking about how nice everyone was to her. Says a whole lot for the folks in attendance.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I was there along with my friend Claudio Opacak. We just arrived home about two hours ago. Both of us had a grand time and are looking forward to next year. I particularly enjoyed the double rifle "FUN" shoot which is why I took three of mine with me. We who brought rifles brought enough ammo to allow anyone with interest to shoot them. We had a great turnout on Saturday and I'm sure more than a few converts to this "addiction". I particularly relished the oportunity to shoot a Verney-Carron .577 NE, a Watson .577 BPE, an Alexander Henry .450-400 BPE hammer gun, etc. You just can't have that much fun legally anywhere else. Oh yeah, and a lot of great folks and new friends.

Last edited by Ron Vella; 04/26/10 03:49 PM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

I was there most of the day on Saturday. I didn't shoot but really enjoyed looking a lots of fine guns that I couldn't afford. Parker and A.H. Fox guns were well represented. I saw an 8 bore Purdey double rifle that I would love to had. "SO MANY GUNS, SO LITTLE MONEY" OH WELL!

Best Regards, George

To see my guns go to www.mylandco.com Select "SPORTING GUNS " My E-Mail palmettotreasure@aol.com
Sidelock
Sidelock

Ron,
No wonder I couldn't get a hold of Claudio. I hope you two had a great time.
So who won this year, Smiths again?
Chris

Sidelock
Sidelock

Well my wife and I are back from the Southern sxs shoot in Sanford, NC. The Deep River Sporting Clays Course is about 25 miles south of Raleigh just off US Route 1. Very pretty and rural country, lots of pine and oak woods with a little roll to the ground. We stayed the first night in Apex, NC a suburb of Raleigh, tons of great restaurants, we ate at a place named Peak City Tavern, great steaks. We stayed at the Quality Inn in Sanford with the Virginia Vintagers and LC Smith group. The hotel was in need of a remodel, if I go again I think the Comfort Inn looked better.
The Southern has grown as large if not larger than the Vintagers, I couldn't believe it. Every major dealer was in attendance, more than the Vintagers. John Allen told me there were 70 vendors. Think of any major dealer including the west coast folks and they were there. The facility is very nice set on 40 acres. They had two great five stands, $15.00 for 30 targets (I think that's half the price of Pintail). The sporting clays course was set in the woods and very nice and little wait all weekend. The LC Smith/Parker Challenge was great fun. You would love the shooting set up, you can shoot your brains out without long waits and the courses are very close to the parking. Another neat aspect is everyone is southern friendly. Most folks set up a tent cover at the back of their car with a cooler and chairs, people just stop in for a beer and a chat about guns. It's kind of like a Southern front porch in a small town.
The food was good at the shoot, not to expensive, prepared by a bunch of cute southern bells. My wife and I attended the Saturday night Pig roast, it was nice since you didn't have to dress up and go some place else.
Tons of guns, complete overload. Tons of great Parkers and more mint LC field guns than I have ever seen. No Foxes hit my fancy but I did buy a LC Smith Grade 1 10ga that is in well used condition but all original. I can't pass up the old duck guns, I am sick. Anyhow I shot it and did very well, the girl pulling the targets at the 5 stand couldn't believe what it did to clay birds, it has .050" and .055" chokes!! The boys down south call it a boat gun, we would call it a shooter!
I think you guys should think about putting it on your schedule one of these years, I believe you would all enjoy the weekend. Craig Larter AHFCA

Last edited by Craig Larter; 04/26/10 06:30 PM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Anyone see any straight-gripped Smiths or Parkers? Maybe in 16g?

Any good English stuff or special American guns?

Thanks

OWD

Good Gun Alerts & more:

www.DogsandDoubles.com
Sidelock
Sidelock

I finally met my new friends Claudio Opacek and Ron Vella, both serious gun guys and very nice fellows, although Canadians. Claudio and I traded Canuck ten gauge shells and Parker skeleton buttplates. I hope they can make it to the Vintagers. Bill Murphy

Sidelock
Sidelock

Is it true that the side lock guys put it on the box lock guys for the second year in a row?
bill

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.