Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Sidelock
Sidelock

I usually purchase my stop ring bullets from Buffalo Arms: http://www.buffaloarms.com/browse.cfm/4,129.html

Kind Regards,

Raimey
rse

NJ Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Just a lovely rifle. Could the engraved figures be Siegfried and Brunhild?

Regards, Neil

Sidelock
Sidelock

Neil, before seeing your post I was about to comment that the engraving was very ¨Wagnerian¨.

Nice rifle!

JC

"...it is always advisable to perceive clearly our ignorance." Charles Darwin
Sidelock
Sidelock

Engraving is very similar to the style of the one I saw, only that one had a Brauhaus maiden with beer steins on one side and a Jaegermeister on the other. If I recall it was a Haenel.

While the metalwork on the one I saw was excellent, the stock looked like I had made it myself. Badly carved and finished, nothing as nice as Jims. It was also missing the rear sight, had the mounting hole but no sight.

My problem lies in reconciling my gross habits with my net income.
- Errol Flynn
James M Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

So what's in the accessory box? Well it's obvious it's an extra sight. But what about the other pieces?
Jim
Picture 1 Are the items in the box. One item is still a mystery.

Picture 2 Are the three items out of the box. I don't know what the single metal item that looks like a spare firing pin is for exactly.

Picture 3 Is the small tubular device with a cork in the end. If you pull the cork and look thru it you get some magnification.

Picture 4 Is the sight with the tube screwed onto it. It's purpose apparentely was to provide some magnification thru the peep hole.

Every time I look at this rifle or the accessories I discover something I hadn't noticed before. As I stated earlier; This is going to be a learning experience.

The 2nd Amendment IS an unalienable right.
Sidelock
Sidelock

The magnifier is too cool! Never seen that before. Is it focused for a specific distance?

My problem lies in reconciling my gross habits with my net income.
- Errol Flynn
James M Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Recoil Rob
The magnifier is too cool! Never seen that before. Is it focused for a specific distance?

I have no idea Rob but when I look through it at the computer screen it seems to about double the size of the print when I have it in focus.
Jim

Sidelock
Sidelock

There looks to be a D.R.P.(patent) number on the device. Can you tell what the number might be? With that I might be able to dig something up.

Kind Regards,

Raimey
rse

James M Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

The only number is "1" at the top of the metal part stamped D.R.P.
I just returned from my club where we did a chamber cast and confirmed the caliber is 8.15 x 46R. I also took the opportunity to completely disassemble the gun an give it a thorough cleaning. It had been heavily greased intenally at some time in the past. The gunsmithing staff agreed it is in supurb condition and they're after me to get some ammo for it as they all want to fire it!
Jim

Sidelock
Sidelock

Thanks Jim. Scopes were a big no-no, faux paux, in the target arena during this era and I assumed it was a device that was used in an attempt to level the playing field for those with failing eyesight. I couldn't find the D.R.P. number so I contacted a GGCA member in Germany, Axel Eichendorff, and he provided me some info and this image from a 1930 catalogue, I think. I'll post additional info soon.

Kind Regards,

Raimey
rse

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.