March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
9 members (Owenjj3, NCTarheel, gunmaker, 3 invisible), 381 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,374
Posts544,006
Members14,391
Most Online1,131
Jan 21st, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
James M Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Thanks again Raimey:
I really appreciate the additional information you are providing.
Regards
Jim

The 2nd Amendment IS an unalienable right.
Sidelock
Sidelock

What a handsome treasure! Thank you for sharing it with us.

> Jim Legg <

Sidelock
Sidelock

That is neat,especially the case and sight.Could it have been brought home in a duffle bag?
great find Jim,always nice to see one of us find a winner like that !

Hillary For Prison 2018
James M Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Thanks for all the nice comments.
BTW: As I stated earlier; Everytime I look at this rifle I find something new. Both sights have a dial gauge built into them which allows you to change the size of the peep hole apeture at will.
Jim

Sidelock
Sidelock

Below is the info supplied to me:

"This thing is named a Sperberroehrchen. Now, a roehrchen is a small tube, while a Sperber is a rueopean sparrowhawk. Either this attachment was named for the keen eyesight of this bird (there was also an Adlerauge = eagle eye attachment for a front sight tunnel), or the inventor's name was "Sperber"? I don't know. In German target competition scopes were not allowed, but elderly or shooters with defective eyesight could use "optical aiming aids", i.e. lenses attached to their sights. So someone designed such devices which also provided some magnification, but stayed barely within rules. Postwar, even some tiny "non-scopes" like the Hensoldt Diapi (see GGCA bulletin #35, page 6) were made for this purpose."

Kind Regards,

Raimey
rse

James M Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Question to all:
I have been unsuccessfully trying to find some professionally loaded ammo for this Schuetzen in 8.15x46R or as an alternative some new reloadable brass.
I have tried RWS which has loaded this caliber at times to no avail to stockers such as Kittery Trading Company and Huntingtons.
None of these have any cartridges or reloadable brass at this time. I do NOT want to use resized 30/30 cartridges such as are available from Buffalo but will as a last resort.
Anyone have any other ideas or potential sources?
Jim

Sidelock
Sidelock

Jim:
What kind of numbers are you looking for, i.e., how many do you need to get you started? Also what did the bore slug? I may have a handful of Kupfer-Teilmantel-Geschoß but the bullet mass is 9.8 grams. In the short term if you are going to shoot a good bit I think you'll need to embrace the 30/30 idea.

Kind Regards,

Raimey
rse

Sidelock
Sidelock

Loaded ammo
http://www.buffaloarms.com/browse.cfm/4,4103.html

Brass
http://www.buffaloarms.com/browse.cfm/4,793.html

RCBS makes the dies, if you can find them.

Loading information is available from Quickload.

Pete

James M Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Raimy and Pete:
Thanks for the information. My interest in shooting the rifle at this time is really from a curiousity perspective. Being an amateur historian I often wonder what it was like to experience some of the passtimes that have either gone by the wayside or become of interest to only a small group.
Schuetzfests were enorminously popular in prewar Germany as sporting activities and to some extent here as well.
Keeping this in mind I'm looking to acquire enough ammunition,which I would expect to be a very small amount, to satisfy my curiousity and see what develops from there.
Jim

m-4 Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Jim,

Such a cool rifle & accessories, I couldn't stand to sit back any longer and have to throw out an offer. A while back I purchased 3 boxes of RWS 8.15x46R Brass, it is new & has never been loaded. I to one day hope to own a nice Schutzen rifle & that's why I purchased the brass, but I can't stand to see you getting held up. I would be willing to trade/barter/sell a box of it if it would help get you going. I have a few German guns that I collect & I am always trying to scrounge up original ammo or components for them. If interested PM me & let's see what we can workout to help get you shooting & reporting back here.

M-4
Mike

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.