April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
5 members (SKB, R. Glenz, L. Brown, CJ Dawe, 1 invisible), 422 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,481
Posts545,232
Members14,410
Most Online1,335
Apr 27th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Sidelock
Sidelock

http://www.jpgbox.com/jpg/10895_600x400.jpg
http://www.jpgbox.com/jpg/10894_600x400.jpg

I like them. Quality seems great to me. Wood is beautiful.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I stand corrected:

http://www.rblshotgun.com/faq.htm
Warrantee: The RBL Reserve carries a five year limited warantee on manufacturer defects.

Such a long, long time to be gone, and a short time to be there.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Doverham - Thanks for sharing this. Originally the RBLs built to specified options were offered with just a 6 month warranty, all the way through the 16s and 12s. The 5 year warranty apparently is something new for the so-called "Reserve" guns.

Jay

Sidelock
Sidelock

1,000's of U.S. made semi-custom RBL's have been sold during a
recession! That says something to me.

Also, I suspect there were no layoffs at CSMC.

Finally, if there is another manufacturer offering a semi-custom at this price point, I wasn't aware.

PULL!
Hal M. Hare
Sidelock
Sidelock

Ted, this gets so tiresome ... what is it that drives you to tell others that your personal preferences are superior? For me this is just a matter of how much time to invest in gun shopping. There's lots I enjoy doing more than searching for a 12 that fits me at this weight, when I can specify options on a new 16. Could you really think the difference in 1-1/8 oz. load performance in a 12 vs. a 16 is important? It's not to me, the chokes I ordered give me performance that's right for my kind of hunting. I also like being able to comfortably shoot lighter loads at clay targets with the same gun. What is there I should not like about this, except your strange comments?

Last edited by Gunflint Charlie; 04/08/10 10:44 AM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

I have both light and heavier 16's (6/3 and 6/12) and like them both equally well. Both are well suited for different tasks. As for the RBL, no other gun compares except maybe a new Ugartechea, and they don't come with the case and other options, and they aren't made here in the U.S., which is a huge selling point imo. Was it a success? I don't see how it couldn't be considered as such.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Gunflint Charlie
Doverham - Thanks for sharing this. Originally the RBLs built to specified options were offered with just a 6 month warranty, all the way through the 16s and 12s. The 5 year warranty apparently is something new for the so-called "Reserve" guns.

Jay

CMSC is apparently stamping the RBLs they are selling now as "Reserve" on the rib but I can't find anything to indicate any difference between those guns and the RBL "Launch" edition. The gun I bought (stamped "Launch Edition") was not custom-ordered but bought at their showroom last November, neear the end of the production run. Besides the stamp, I am not sure on what basis they would distinguish between a Reserve and a Lauch Edition for warranty purposes, other than they are charging more for the Reserves. (They appear to be charging a premium for
"immediate delivery," which is an interesting way of using a surplus to create economic benefit. Their marketing and pricing strategies are nothing if not creative.)

I discovered the source of my warranty confusion. I have a Caesar Guerini on order and its comes with a limited lifetime warranty. Again, my apologies if I misled anyone.

Such a long, long time to be gone, and a short time to be there.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Just postulating Just postulating
Are the Reserves hand chased? Great way to recycle product that didn't quite pass after the machine work.
Again, Just postulation! But unlike auto parts (sent back or tossed), I have always wondered what the companies using the lasers choose to do with pieces that aren't quite right to start.

Out there doing it best I can.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Some of their commentary on the Reserves says that they are hand assembled by the finest craftsmen, yada, yada, yada... Some of them are hand engraved, rather than just chased. Most of what they have for sale now is loaded up with options that raise the prices. I still like mine.

MIKE THE BEAR
Unregistered
MIKE THE BEAR
Unregistered

The original question actually hasn't been addressed
Originally Posted By: Small Bore

The RBL seemed to be conceived as a semi-bespoke gun (you had all sorts of options as to wood, gauge, barrel length etc) at a low price which was intended to look and handle a bit like a British game gun.

I'm not sure that the intent was to make a less expensive "British game gun." I've never heard anyone from CSMC state that or anything like that. I suspect, as mentioned above, that it was a way to finance a significant expansion in manufacturing capabilities while possibly making a profit.

As regards the guns themselves, basically the points, good and bad, are made above.
One exception - the reference to the RBL's handling better than the Parker Reproductions. That could only be due the gentleman forgetting to take the Reproduction out of the case before swinging it! (Just joking!) The RBL Twenty gauges handle fine (But no better than the Reproductions) But the 12"s and 16's handle like oars compared to the Reproductions.
I've had several of each. I now have no RBL 12's or 16's. I've only hung onto the RBL 20's and 28's, but I still have all of my Reproductions.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.