It appears that the Sauer retail branch office at Berlin 8, Jägerstrasse 59/60(2 spaces?) in Berlin appeared on the scene circa 1910, possibly earlier, when Sauer won a top award at the International Hunting Expo in Vienna. At the time, Sauer was offering single and double rifles for those folks in the quest of a Dickhäuter(pachyderm?) and single selective trigger and separate ejectors look to be the latest and greatest at the time. Sauer continued at this address until the effects of the Great Depression forced them to close the retail outlet post 1927 and pre-1931, possibly in 1930. In the late 1920s, 1927 & later, models were retailed by Sauer but were sourced to Oskar Merkel(founded firm in 1908) and from this there seems to be some 3 cornered deal between J.P. Sauer, Oscar Geyger and Oskar Merkel, who looks to have been a staple of sourcing for Oscar Geyger. Some give that Sauer retailed Oskar Merkel examples but I think it went further than that and Sauer sourced Oskar Merkel for non-production examples. Sauer didn't seem to cotton to side frame reinforcement and I'd guess that some, or most/all, of such examples originated with the Merkel boys. Sauer used the term Zweigniederlassung and I would assume transfered their representation to Oscar Geyger at Berlin 8, Taubenstrasse 34 and then in the mid 1930s the term Zweigniederlassung evolved to General-Vertretung(sole-agency??) or Generalvertretung, which noted Oscar Geyger being their sole representative at large in the Berlin area. It was at this same time Oscar Geyger was located at Charlottenstrasse 53. Oscar Geyger would have been in his early 70s during this time and I guess him to have been born in say 1865; therefore, acquiring the rank of master by circa 1890. I believe he founded his firm circa 1895, possibly earlier as most of the time when a craftsman attained the rank of master they hung out their own shingle. So in the 1930s I would guess him to have been retired and his son, or heirs and assigns, continued the business and that's why we see the mergers, sole representation, and so forth of course along with the effects of the Great Depression.

Kind Regards,

Raimey
rse