May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
4 members (susjwp, Mark II, Dave Weber, Ted Schefelbein), 864 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,496
Posts545,390
Members14,410
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Sidelock
Sidelock

My perception of the commisioned guns I've seen (Fox and 21), was that they were impeccable for their price. My perception of their RBL line was that they were inconsistant in quality, mostly finishing quality.

The first real indications I heard about customer relations issues was when the RBL project was started. I think that's when their personalities started showing. Expectations for them were high and pressures were high as well. They've continued to stay in the pressure cooker with their following projects with the RBL variants and now the A-10 line, all the while continuing to offer the commissioned type guns. It's gotta be a tough place to work at sometimes. But, that's no excuse from me. I think they need some professional PR and sales staff to go with their growth. Obviously, Tony and Lou have shown chinks in their armour and it's gotta be hurting them in the long run.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I guess this is kinda like when a kid sees his old man drink bourbon every day and then people wonder why he has a drinking problem 20 years later.

Training employees to act in a particular manner is really a Band-aid for the real problem. How does one lead a company? By example, not training courses.

What causes CSMC employees to have a crappy attitude? Obviously they see it in their leader and two things happen:

1) They follow his example
2) They know they won't get in trouble for it since he does it

Personally, I can take one look at those gaudy 21's and Foxes and know what to expect.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Chuck H
I think they need some professional PR and sales staff to go with their growth. Obviously, Tony and Lou have shown chinks in their armour and it's gotta be hurting them in the long run.

Chuck, I think you hit the nail on the head.

Tim

Sidelock
Sidelock

In 1994 my wife went to London for two weeks active duty with the Navy Reserve. I asked here if she could visit Holland and Holland and Purdey's for me. Along with her studying for the fleet wide exam and playing tourist, she was able to visit both of these institutions. She told me the personnel at both establishments were extremely courteous and helpful to her. They helped her find a book on each of them that she bought for me and then gave her directions to the other establishment. She came away definitely impressed. It says a lot for the English. Pity the people at CSMC couldn't take a lesson in manners and courtesy. I hate when people, especially those in sales, act like that. I have walked out of stores because the sales personnel were rude. Told the management. Some of them could have cared less. There used to be a gunshop in Woodbridge, Va. around 1984 and 1985 called B&B Guns. I used to go in there, occasionally, and the guy behind the counter was downright rude. Walked out and told him where he could put the sun. later on, he ended up working for National Pawnbrokers in Arlington, Va. He hadn't changed. I heard he finally left.

Colin L. Kendall
Sidelock
Sidelock

I've been very lucky. Tony Galazan took the time give a full one hour tour for me and Builder a couple yrs ago. He was genuinely courteous and we were floored he took the time for us. Lou was also very courteous to us while we waited for Tony a few minutes. Your mileage may vary.

Sidelock
Sidelock

JDW the answer is YES. Robber-Barons buy $100K guns like you and I Buy underwear. It could also be that CSMC has East Coast Attitude. a lot of the Eastern Companies that we deal with are not the most Polite. Gotta love N.Y. N.Y. !!!:)

-Shoot Straight, IM
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Friends:
All of your commentary is most fascinating. And I never expected to see this thread live so robustly. In view of many thoughts, especially those of colin Kendall, this experience comes to mind:

Years ago I was privileged to chat with Peter Blaine, then General Manager at Purdey's Audley House. I asked him what he saw as his major role there. This was his response:

"To make people comfortable with spending this much on a gun."

I recall this because he said nothing about mechanisms, fit, finish, dimensions, models, delivery times, etc. Instead, his primary mission was to engage (sell) the customer on the experience and pride of dealing with Purdey. The product stood on its own merits.

Best, Kensal

Sidelock
Sidelock

One more experience comes to mind. From 1970 to 1973 I was stationed at the Sub Base in New London. I finegaled a tour through the custom shop that Winchester operated at their New Haven factory. I was greeted by the person in charge. I can't remember his name, but his picture is in the book about the Model 21. He gave me a tour of the facility. I got to see masters of their trade at work on Model 21s, Model 12 Super Pigeon Grades, Model 52s, and some Model 70s and 94s. These gentlemen took time out of their work to shake my hand, show me what they were working on, and answering any and all questions that I had. I was 21 at the time and I came away with a better appreciation as to why these rifles and shotguns cost so much. What really impressed me, though, was the courtesy that was displayed to me. Not all people in New England are like those at CSMC.

Colin L. Kendall
Sidelock
Sidelock

My experience with CSMC has been nothing short of outstanding. Yes, I have purchased some guns from them, but I visited and contacted them frequently before I ever purchased a gun from them and always received the same great CS. In their defense, I know that they are under-staffed and most have no idea how many calls they field in a day. I have had three factory tours, and their phones ring non-stop and everyone wants to talk with Tony or Lou. We all want to be treated like we are the only customer, but many times unfortunately it is not possible in this crazy, hectic business world.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: colin.kendall
One more experience comes to mind. From 1970 to 1973 I was stationed at the Sub Base in New London. I finegaled a tour through the custom shop that Winchester operated at their New Haven factory. I was greeted by the person in charge. I can't remember his name, but his picture is in the book about the Model 21. He gave me a tour of the facility. I got to see masters of their trade at work on Model 21s, Model 12 Super Pigeon Grades, Model 52s, and some Model 70s and 94s. These gentlemen took time out of their work to shake my hand, show me what they were working on, and answering any and all questions that I had. I was 21 at the time and I came away with a better appreciation as to why these rifles and shotguns cost so much. What really impressed me, though, was the courtesy that was displayed to me. Not all people in New England are like those at CSMC.

Your experience there was exactly like my trips to CSMC. I got to meet with most of their craftsman and all took time to talk with me.

Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.