April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
8 members (Der Ami, Marks_21, Ian Forrester, Karl Graebner, ClapperZapper, graybeardtmm3), 1,095 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,481
Posts545,238
Members14,410
Most Online1,335
Apr 27th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: joelblack88
I have a 7 volume set of British patents. If you tell me the patent number and year, I can post a copy of a patent.

Joel, Do we know each other? I should know anyone who has that set, very few around. I just can't connect your log-on name. I've only known Jim for forty years so I'm a newcomer ;-).

MP Sadly Deceased as of 2/17/2014

Sidelock
Sidelock

BTW: I spoke with the publisher, George Hoyem in Las vegas and sets of "Patents For Inventions: Small Arms (all British firearms patents 1865-1930!) are still availible!
Google George Hoyem or Armoury Pub.
Fantastic books, Larry Potterfield sent me the seven volume set last year!
Surprised the Hell outa me!

SKB Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Thanks for the lead....New books to add to my library as funds permit. I have been meaning to give George a call sometime as I now own a rifle that at one time belonged to him. I really like his book on British cartridges too.
Steve

http://www.bertramandco.com/
Booking African hunts, firearms import services

Here for the meltdowns
Sidelock
Sidelock

Michael we once corresponded a number of years ago about a Neidner Martini that I got from Dennis Hrurosky. I first started out as a American single shot collector and living in Western Wisconsin it was only natural that I would find Jim. Over the years I collected high grade American custom rifles of all types from the golden age and Dave Crowley couldn't resist getting me into English sporting rifles. From them it was easy for him to interest me in Webley handguns, which in recent years have been my specialty. I am in the process of writing a series of books on Webley revolvers and the British patent books are of great value.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Joel, Welcome to the forum will look forward to your contributions. That must have been a few years ago, I can't remember one in resent memory. I just talk with Dennis from time to time on the phone but he not so much into computers. It would be fun to get folks like Dennis, Ron Wonzy and few others posting here.

MP Sadly Deceased as of 2/17/2014

Sidelock
Sidelock

This is the 1902 Patent. I never felt the Webley 1902 was as strong an action as the original Farquharson. The breechblock has very little support.

PhysDoc Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Thanks for posting that patent drawing, I really appreciate that.
I grew up in Wisconsin but live in Kansas now, I miss Wisconsin.

Sidelock
Sidelock

You're welcome. I grew up in NYC, but came out here to play football and never left.

Last edited by joelblack88; 03/07/10 06:06 PM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Michael Petrov
Joel, Welcome to the forum will look forward to your contributions. That must have been a few years ago, I can't remember one in resent memory. I just talk with Dennis from time to time on the phone but he not so much into computers. It would be fun to get folks like Dennis, Ron Wonzy and few others posting here.

At this point in my life I can hardly remember anything. It really is a shame that Dennis, Jim and Russell Gilmore are computer adverse. They have tons of valuable info.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Joel
Thank you SIR!

Dumb, but learning...Prof Em, BSc(ME), CAE (FYI)
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.