May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
6 members (skeettx, Argo44, earlyriser, tut, 2 invisible), 675 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,507
Posts545,629
Members14,419
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Sidelock
Sidelock

Come to a Crossroads of the West show in St. George, UT or to one at the Cashman Center in Las Vegas. Might as well go the the "swap meet" in Azusa.

> Jim Legg <

Sidelock
Sidelock

Wait for a few weeks and then try the Louisville show if it is not too far away for you. Good luck.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I went to the Greensboro gun show this weekend. Not exactly a classic shotgunners dream but a hundred doubles of field and lower grades of graded guns on the tables.

The hall was sold out and he'd opened up another section. I think we sometimes expect too much of a general gunshow. Gunshows reflect current trends. I don't like all those trends, but we can hardly blame the guys who promote shows. I do get tired of the cammo and ammo shows but I'll admit the only thing I bought at this show was a set of Walls insulated camo overalls.

I've been told Lousiville is a great show.

By the way, Greensboro was so crowded you could hardly get down the aisles. That's a good trend for shooters whether you like jerky or not.

m2cw

Last edited by Dick Jones otp; 02/08/10 09:10 AM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

The show in Lakeland Fl is always good for SXS's.

Sidelock
Sidelock

It seems as if in my area, even the city that the show is at makes a huge difference in what is there. When I go to the big cities, I see many plastic guns and few with wood that is better than a 2x4. When I get to more rural area shows, there seems to be more guns with wood that matters. NOW that I just said that, there is good stuff at the big city shows also, just not by the same percentage. Same as the knives, want a knife? Go to the big city shows. At least this is my experience in Ohio where I go.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Here is the scoop. I used to do gun shows many years ago. In fact I was having 5 tables at the Houston gun show when it was at Astro Hall. At that time there were 2000 plus tables. Folks like Mike Weatherby, Jack Puglisi, Thad Scott, Hershall Chadick, etc came to that show. But like all the shows, sales for us started to dwindle. So those guys started to not come. I started to reduct my tables down to three and later two. Now its very rare tht I set up at a show.You see the same guys going to the show, just looking and talking guns, but very rarely buying. I see on chat boards, lots of guys talking about seeing guns at shows, talking about them, but saying they should of bought or saw this or that, but not saying they bought anything. As a dealer we do not mind setting up at a show if it results in sales and profit. But to travel to a show, incur extra expenses, tie up a weekend working, and have to travel back to where we are from, unpack and put the stuff away and back to work Monday, just to show guns/talk guns to folks for entertainment value, does not work for the folks setting up. ( I still walk guns show and visit with folks I know. Its amazing that the numeber of folks that go to a show and after they pay the 8-10 dolars to get in a a $3.00 coke, they are tapped out)

John Boyd

John Boyd
Quality Arms Inc
Houston, TX
713-818-2971
Sidelock
Sidelock

I got hornswaggled into going to what used to be a pretty good gunshow this weekend. My chaperone summed it up pretty well when she had been there for about five minutes. Compared to the collectors show in Vegas, it was a low grade swap meet.

John- Just an observation... If the dealers worried more about their customers and less about gossiping with each other, they might make a few sales. At this same show about two years ago, a gent had an E grade LeFever on the table. When I asked if I could look at it, he told me to come back in an hour- then hi tailed it to the hot dog stand to meet his buddies. Didn't look for him in an hour. I see more and more of this every time I go.

Sidelock
Sidelock

PatriotUSA, you may find a double shotgun or two at Louisville.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Thanks Eightbore. A small dealer in S. Ill. told me I would see a lot of doubles in 'Loooavull' LOL

Don't sacrifice the future on the altar of today
Sidelock
Sidelock

It is the "hope springs eternal" that keeps us going to these shows. Years ago back east, I quit going to a little armory show because it was getting to be all black guns, camo and jerky. My buddy continues to go and scores a Parker Bros. vent rib BHE pigeon or trap gun!! A couple of years ago, I swore I wasn't going to the show at the Spokane fairgrounds any more, but I was bored on Sunday, so went and scored a C-Grade Baltimore Arms Co. double with straight grip and steel barrels.

When I lived in the mid-Atlantic area we use to go to the Louisville show, and it was a very good show for doubles. For a year or two the Parker Gun Collectors Association had their annual meeting there the same weekend as The Vintage Cup.

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.