March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
11 members (battle, eightbore, GeorgeGibbs505, j7l2, 2 invisible), 865 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,374
Posts544,018
Members14,391
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Boxlock
Boxlock

I agree Brian. Can't imagine why anyone would ship a double gun assembled. And can't imagine using UPS; too many horror stories. Best way is USPS registered insured.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I've just never had a problem with the USPS. Usually I ship in a very strong aluminum case with the shotgun broken down. I send it Priority Mail with signature confirmation. Unless the gun is worth serious money I self insure. Couldn't be happier. UPS and FedEx are royal pains in the rear.

When an old man dies a library burns to the ground. (Old African proverb)
Sidelock
Sidelock

I agree, USPS is the best way to go,registered is the safest but not the fastest.Of course those who are not licensed can not ship handguns through USPS,long guns are fine thou.
It seems that Fedex has now gone to next day for ALL firearms not just handguns,I suspect UPS will follow.The theft problem at both is the issue.

http://fedex.com/us/services/terms/

"FedEx Express will transport and deliver firearms as defined by the United States Gun Control Act of 1968, between areas served in the U.S., but only between:
Licensed importers; licensed manufacturers; licensed dealers; licensed collectors; law enforcement agencies of the U.S. or any department or agency thereof; and law enforcement agencies of any state or any department, agency or political subdivisions thereof; or
Where not prohibited by local, state and federal law, from individuals to licensed importers, licensed manufacturers or licensed dealers (and return of same).
If your shipment contains firearms, select the Direct Signature Required or Adult Signature Required Delivery Signature Option, depending on the requirements of your shipment. See the Delivery Signature Options section for details. Firearms shipments are not eligible for signature release or indirect delivery.
Firearms must be shipped via FedEx Priority Overnight service. FedEx Express cannot ship or deliver firearms C.O.D. Firearms shipments cannot be placed in a FedEx Express Drop Box.
Upon presenting the package for shipment, the person tendering the shipment to FedEx Express is required to notify FedEx Express that the package contains a firearm. The outside of the package must not be marked, labeled or otherwise identify that the package contains a firearm.
The shipper and recipient must be of legal age as identified by applicable law.
The shipper and recipient are required to comply with all applicable government regulations and laws, including those pertaining to labeling. The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives can provide assistance.
FedEx Express will transport ammunition when packed and labeled in compliance with local, state and federal law, and the Dangerous Goods section of this Service Guide. Ammunition is an explosive and must be shipped separately as dangerous goods. You agree not to ship loaded firearms or firearms with ammunition in the same package.
Fuel Surcharge
We reserve the right to assess fuel and other surcharges on shipments without notice. The duration and amount of any surcharge will be determined at our sole discretion. By tendering your shipment to FedEx, you agree to pay the surcharges, as determined by FedEx. The fuel surcharge rate, if applicable, is available on fedex.com."

Hillary For Prison 2018
Sidelock
Sidelock

11 years of shipping firearms using ONLY USPS REG. Mail ---- no problems ecer .................. FWIW

Ken Hurst
910-221-5288
Sidelock
Sidelock

I ship guns via UPS and have not had any problems in years. Most folks do not know how to pack guns properly. This is quite evident by how folks pack guns that they are shipping to me. They think they know how, but they do not.

Regards,

John Boyd

John Boyd
Quality Arms Inc
Houston, TX
713-818-2971
Sidelock
Sidelock

Dave K;

There is a line in your post that tends, to me, to suggest that Fed-EX has NOT cut off all guns shipping for repair by an individual. Since I use both Fed-Ex and USPS for my shipping, your observations bear looking into.

With respect John, UPS and I don't get along well. They have been the largest contributor to my being in business for 20 years! Hope to see you (John)in Reno this weekend.

Dennis Earl Smith/Benefactor Life NRA, ACGG Professional member
Sidelock
Sidelock

Dennis,
I thinks they still allow shipping by individuals,the only change is they now are requiring,costly,overnight for all firearms not just handguns.
UPS has lots of crooks as employees and they had to go to overnight for handguns to try and put a stop to it.I also would not use them either and do not rest easy when expensive items are shipped to me by them. I also refuse to sign for them untill I open them in front of the very anxious driver.

Hillary For Prison 2018
Sidelock
Sidelock

UPS says that a package must be able to survive a drop from 10 feet. What gun, no matter how well packed can survive that?
I too have been told to send guns dissembled. Merkel chewed me out politely for sending them an assembled one.

-Shoot Straight, IM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Dave K;

Investigate Fed-EX Ground services. They delivered three packages last week containing more work for me to do. Just a thought.

Dennis

Dennis Earl Smith/Benefactor Life NRA, ACGG Professional member
Sidelock
Sidelock

Dennis,
I have always thought they would accept firearms/long guns for ground delivery,in fact a friend who owns a gunshop switched over to them after UPS destroyed a gun stock on a Browning and would not pay.
I do wonder however if they have changed the policy as it now shows,and this is from their website;

"If your shipment contains firearms, select the Direct Signature Required or Adult Signature Required Delivery Signature Option, depending on the requirements of your shipment. See the Delivery Signature Options section for details. Firearms shipments are not eligible for signature release or indirect delivery.
Firearms must be shipped via FedEx Priority Overnight service. FedEx Express cannot ship or deliver firearms C.O.D. Firearms shipments cannot be placed in a FedEx Express Drop Box.
Upon presenting the package for shipment, the person tendering the shipment to FedEx Express is required to notify FedEx Express that the package contains a firearm. The outside of the package must not be marked, labeled or otherwise identify that the package contains a firearm."

I have been happy with USPS (registered0but it would be nice to have at least one other option that was safe and does not require overnight.

Hillary For Prison 2018
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.