April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
3 members (Jimmy W, earlyriser, 1 invisible), 423 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,480
Posts545,231
Members14,410
Most Online1,335
Apr 27th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Sidelock
Sidelock

My shooting buddy is dealing with a UPS claim. A two barrel set was sent to him by a major dealer. The vacuum formed plastic case was crushed enough to marr the checkering in the forearm.
They have promised to stop by twice to assess the damage but have not shown up yet. My son was averaging about four claims a week in his business during the holiday season.

Last edited by Ken Nelson; 01/18/10 04:21 PM.

Dodging lions and wasting time.....
Sidelock
Sidelock

FWIW;

Fed-Ex Express and Fed-Ex Ground are two seperate companies. There are different rules for ground shipping than for air. That being said....my Fed-EX driver gave me a heads up a while ago...USPS pays others to FLY their Priority Mail and Express Mail. Lowest bidder get the job. I mailed a Parker C Grade back to a customer on a Friday to Virginia. He was opening the package on Monday next. USPS Priority Mail/ Signature Confirmation Required. My driver also let "slip" that UPS has the majority of Express Mail delivery contract and FED-EX the majority of the Priority Mail delivery contract. I'm not totally convinced since I don't have hard documentation, only hearsay. I just know that I no longer use UPS for shipping repaired gunstocks back to the customer.....I got tired of repairing work the second time around.....for free.

Dennis Earl Smith/Benefactor Life NRA, ACGG Professional member
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: arrieta2
I ship guns via UPS and have not had any problems in years. Most folks do not know how to pack guns properly. This is quite evident by how folks pack guns that they are shipping to me. They think they know how, but they do not.

Regards,

John Boyd

John, please let us know how to pack them.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Call me direct via phone and I will tell you how to pack them

281-870-8377

John

John Boyd
Quality Arms Inc
Houston, TX
713-818-2971
Sidelock
Sidelock

Dennis,
FedEx ground and FedEx express are indeed two different segments but they are the same company FDX (note the change to "self insurance" ;

http://news.van.fedex.com/q2fy10

when I emailed them to ask the overnight policy on firearms they sent me to the website,I doubt they even know if its a new rule or not.

Hillary For Prison 2018
Sidelock
Sidelock

If a gun is damaged by a shipping company after I pack it, they have gone completely out of there way to accomplish it.

Last edited by Ken Nelson; 01/19/10 11:49 AM.

Dodging lions and wasting time.....
Sidelock
Sidelock

If you are an individual shipping guns, I am sorry to say you will have a harder time collecting from UPS. I am not saying its right I am just saying how it really is

John Boyd

John Boyd
Quality Arms Inc
Houston, TX
713-818-2971
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: bamboozler
I ship guns via UPS and have not had any problems in years. Most folks do not know how to pack guns properly. This is quite evident by how folks pack guns that they are shipping to me. They think they know how, but they do not.

Regards,

John Boyd

John, please let us know how to pack them.

John,
I could give you a call and learn from your expertise, but ALL could be better served if you could post a pic of a properly packed gun...you could earn another star!
TIA,
bamboozler

Sidelock
Sidelock

I can talk faster that I can type

John Boyd

John Boyd
Quality Arms Inc
Houston, TX
713-818-2971
Sidelock
Sidelock

I can talk faster that I can type

John Boyd

A picture is worth a thousand words!

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.