May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
7 members (Hugh Lomas, David Williamson, graybeardtmm3, FlyChamps, 3 invisible), 810 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,496
Posts545,388
Members14,410
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 12 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 11 12
Sidelock
Sidelock

GregSY- I would respectfully ask you to please delete your comment.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Someone just needs to go get Ken's barrels.
There are other gunsmiths that will treat their customers with respect in this world.

Last edited by ClapperZapper; 01/10/10 10:46 AM.

Out there doing it best I can.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Great work, Tinker. We have to remember, the guys who are supporting this fellow send guns to him to be sawed off, screw in chokes installed, chambers lengthened, forcing cones drilled out, and other expensive services. They are not qualified to pass judgement on anyone's character.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Mr. Ken asked if anyone had similar experiences with non-completion (Yes, Virginia, this is not really about a failure to communicate!!) on the part of Mr. Orlen. Some said Yes and some said No. OK thus far but the chain yankers and common taters don't think there's enuf spice in this stew.

If the issue of non-performance and theft isn't worth one call to the BBB or an action at law, then CZ's offer of someone else's intervention on Ken's behalf may be the answer. Probably should attempt to get LarryGuy's money and other hostage barrels while there. Someone from MASS would be the ideal choice--close to Orlen, close to the PO. C'mon fellers, we're the same chaps that are ready to man the barricades with an old Parker and a couple Featherlite AAs every time somebody makes a feint toward our rights as free men planted firmly upright on our hind legs. Don't everyone step up at once.

jack

RMC Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

" Generous, solid and professional member" Quote by Tinker refering to KEN HURST. Eightbore quoted as saying "Tinker, Great work" also in the same post 8Bore denigrating those of us who use Mikes services. Do your comments also include Ken in the mix and probably a good majority of this board? For years, Ken and Mike have been "generous, solid and professional contributors to this board. Both by their services and their comments. It is a confusing set of circumstances in this issue and all of us wish this comes to a positive conclusion. Randy

RMC
Sidelock
Sidelock

Randy-

Originally Posted By: RMC
" Generous, solid and professional member" Quote by Tinker refering to KEN HURST. Eightbore quoted as saying "Tinker, Great work" also in the same post 8Bore denigrating those of us who use Mikes services. Do your comments also include Ken in the mix and probably a good majority of this board? For years, Ken and Mike have been "generous, solid and professional contributors to this board. Both by their services and their comments. It is a confusing set of circumstances in this issue and all of us wish this comes to a positive conclusion. Randy

Do you have an issue with my characterization of Ken Hurst?

Cheers
Tinker

RMC Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Tinker, Absolutely not, your comments were right on and not only apply to Ken, but to Mike and many, many others on this board. This board is made up of individuals of the highest character and honor. This issue that Ken and Mike have should be of the greatest concern to all of us. We set here with only a set of keys and a monitor and exchange knowledge and information and friendly banter for years on end. Many of us have exchanged money for product with members of this board and have the utmost confidence we are dealing with friends and brothers as John Mann refers to. LEG: League of Extraodinary Gentlemen. And thats how it should be. My comments were meant to question how us unwashed, who use Mikes services or anyone elses, need to be chastised by 8BORE for making a few of our vintage guns shootable for our needs. Nothing directed at you other than Ken was seeeming exempt from the lashing of having barrels done. No harm,no foul. Not offended by 8BORE's comments, just puzzled by the content of such. Lets focus on getting a mediator to resolve Ken and Larryguy's issues with Mike. Randy

RMC
Sidelock
Online Content
Sidelock

There has been some "mud slinging", and I believe the difference is that both Ken and Mike are professionals. Ken takes on engraving work and maybe the client asks about some barrel work, Ken states that he has just the man and by the time he is done with the engraving he should have the barrels back.
Ken has quoted a time line to his customer and I'm sure this was explained to Mike and he likewise gave a time.
Now the engraving is/was done and no barrels, how does this make Ken look?

I'm sure and it is true with any profession, you sometimes take in more than you can handle, that happens, but there is no excuse to the person that you cashed the check without even stating the work.

I've seen what Ken has done and the responses from clients and others, have also read about the great experiences from Mike, BUT there is no excuse for him not to call Ken or anyone else who's project he has had for a lengthy time.

It would make me want to think about having someone do a job and not know when to expect it, especially if told a certain date time.

David

Sidelock
Sidelock

No champion stepping forth from the ranks of The League of Average Joes Who Think Well of Ourselves? Those who have been stiffed (or, at the very least, ignored) have had a chance to identify their natural allies. Better make common cause and bring more than one gun to bear (in a manner of speaking of course). Calling shame on you in a public forum doesn't appear to serve much purpose besides warning others off.

jack

Sidelock
Sidelock

the sad part of all this. Is that it could have all been settled with Ken's call or Email being answered.Unfortunately some people think they or what they are doing is more important than their customers. I am very new with anything to do with shotguns and got interested as i am wanting to build a Double rifle. But be assured myself and anyone else who might need work done. Will be aware and make a decision based on some of what is said here. JMO. Whitey
PS I am biased as I have known,respected and been a Friend of Ken's for many years and know when you have upset him. Something smells.

Last edited by whitey; 01/10/10 08:42 PM.
Page 7 of 12 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 11 12

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.