April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
1 members (HeymSR20), 420 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,480
Posts545,229
Members14,410
Most Online1,335
Apr 27th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Sidelock
Sidelock

Building a Short Barrel Shotgun (SBS), Short Barrel Rifle (SBR) or Any Other Weapon (AOW) is perfectly legal.

You just have to know the regs and fill out the paperwork, be patient and pay the proper tax.

You can also build one yourself, assuming you live in a state that allows them.

I didn't bother to click any of the links.

EDIT: I read the link above at Shotgunworld. Perfectly described in that post. I have not built a SBS but I have built a 11 1/2" barreled AR15 SBR.

Last edited by Utah Shotgunner; 01/08/10 02:22 AM.

Mike
Sidelock
Sidelock

not sure if orginal poster is still around but there is one in JJ's March auction with,what looks to be a factory marked, holster.

http://www.juliaauctions.com/auctions/div_catalog_288_sh.asp

Hillary For Prison 2018
Sidelock
Sidelock

Dave, is that the same one that sold for $175 last March? Can we get a clarification on your earlier post??

GJZ Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Ithaca sold Auto & Burglars to Atchison, Topeka and Santa Fe Railway and provided holsters marked with the company's name. I knew a guy who hunted grouse in the alders with an A&B. Energetic recoil.

Sidelock
Sidelock

No its a different one, there was one in March of 09 also had a factory holster-a bit darker leather thou,it sold for $5175.
JJ has another one,the one pictured on his March 2010 highlights.

Hillary For Prison 2018
Sidelock
Sidelock

Sorry, Dave, I misread the 5 in your post as a $$$$. It's time for a new prescription for my glasses.

Sidelock
Sidelock

The Ithaca Auto & Burglar gun is not really rare...they do show up at Julia's and JC Devines auctions about once a year and I have seen them listed on Gun Broker. Their are two models; one built on the Flues frame and one on the NID frame. They are fairly similar in physical appearance except that the Flues model has a pronounced protusion or horn on the buttstock as can be seen in the photo in a previous listing. The one that sold last year at Julia's for $5175 was the highest price that I have seen. A holster appears several times a year on ebay. One in high condition usually sells in the $5-600 range. If torn or with stitching missing around $2-300.

They must be registered with the BATF to be legally poessessed. Otherwise it is a felony to own one. BATF did open a window for 30 days in 1968 where they could be registered if they weren't previously registered when purchased. It is highly unlikely that BATF will ever offor the opportunity in the future. To purchase one does require the buyer to obtain a signature of the local CLEO which can be a problem in some jurisdictions; e.g. CA, NJ, MA etc. but is usually not difficult in most rural areas. The gun is on the C&R list as an AOW so if the buyer has a C&R the transfer does not have to go through a Class III FFL. Corporations and Trusts can own them and do not need to have a CLEO signature. As a result some purchasers are buying the A&B through their company or are setting up a Trust to acquire the gun. They must still be registered with the BATF and the $5 transfer tax paid.

It will be interesting to see the price for which the one sells in the upcoming Julia auction.

Sidelock
Sidelock

There are two different style holsters. The one in Dave's photo, with the flap, is the most common. There was a later style that was open at the top...no flap...which is extremely rare. I have never seen one of those come up for sale.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Rick, does the later holster have the Ithaca logo on it? At Winter Vegas a few years ago, a friend purchased a high condition consecutive numbered pair with holsters. He went through the proper transfer channels which included trips to the Maryland State Police headquarters. All other paperwork was completed by mail.

Sidelock
Sidelock

eighbore, One would assume so since Ithaca stamped their logo on pretty much everything that they manufactured or marketed during that era, however, I have never seen one...and have been actively looking for 15 years. I have owned a half dozen of the one with the flap.

Your friend certainly made a nice acquistion which is no doubt the centerpiece of his collection. Randy Shuman returned from his annual jaunt to Vegas a few years ago and told me that he met a dealer that had a consecutive numnbered pair of A&B's for sale and was I interested. I replied absolutely. He there upon called the dealer and found out that they had been sold. Your friend must be happy to find that they are now selling in the $4000+ range.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.