May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
8 members (eightbore, Bob Blair, btbell, 3 invisible), 303 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,506
Posts545,589
Members14,419
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 12 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 11 12
Sidelock
Sidelock

Rick-

Your question doesn't consider the original post.

Originally Posted By: foxhound
Or, instead of insinuating negative things, how about giving him a call? EVERY time I've called Mike early during a week day, he answered the phone and was an upfront and pleasant guy to deal with...sorry things aren't going well for some, but my positive opinion isn't going to change.
Rick

Take a look, read what Mr Hurst wrote.

Originally Posted By: Ken Hurst
I have been trying to get a a reply from you (latest approx. 3 weeks ago) as to where my bbl's are. You have had them close to 9 mo. for back boring. Everytime I have called you, you tell me they are still there in the box but you will get to them in the next week. I lasy emailed you & requested since you don't seem to have any interest in doing the commision, please return them to me. I still have not received an answer or my bbl's. You have done some work for me in the past which was completed in good order --- no complaints ------ however, your not replying to my emails or calls causes me concern after about nine months. What must I do to get a reply & my bbl's back ?

I'd seen comments of the same tune as Mr Hurst's concerns a couple or so years ago, asked around about Orlen - also posted a question or two on this website asking this group what the deal was with him.
As I'd been attempting to reach him myself on the telephone and via email with potential interest in having him work on a set of barrels -- with zero success, I wondered.
I ended up getting accused of mounting a smear campaign against Mike Orlen by some members of this community.
Haven't asked about him since.

I very strongly doubt that anyone here with an ass-pinch of integrity would doubt the word or honor of Ken Hurst.
I hope he gets his property back - at the very least in the condition it was when it left his hands.

Cheers
Tinker

Sidelock
Sidelock

Maybe he's too busy being a moderator on that forum to do his real work. Maybe he has a case of lazyassitis and needs to cash checks for works he hasn't done in order to pay for his treatments. Let's not jump to conclusions or allowing the facts to enter into this discussion.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Beware of Gunsmiths that "Moderate" Forums.

Mine's a tale that can't be told, my freedom I hold dear.

Sidelock
Sidelock

NO complaints in 36 months to the Better Business Bureau but the same complaints repeated here twice in the last several months. Contradictory experiences with Mr. Orlen? Sure sounds like it. So a series of unanswered emails and stalling phone calls produces the exasperation which leads to poisoning the well here but no other action. You guys are killing a man with kindness. Maybe if Andy W. had found the police at his door sooner he wouldn't have had the option of pursuing self-destruction quite so successfully. Time to take the gloves off and let the chips fall where they may.

Sidelock
Sidelock

SKB Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

now THAT is funny.....I don't care who you are......

http://www.bertramandco.com/
Booking African hunts, firearms import services

Here for the meltdowns
Sidelock
Sidelock

Which illustrates the difference in USA & UK humour????????

Sidelock
Sidelock

Salopian.

Pardon the juxtaposition.

Originally Posted By: SALOPIAN
Which illustrates the difference in USA & UK humour????????

You refer to Steve's comment.

Originally Posted By: SKB
now THAT is funny.....I don't care who you are......

Steve gets it.

There appears to be controversy around issues of Mike Orlen's integrity in communication and throughput. I find this baffling.
I have compared a clique-like support for Mike Orlen in the face of a public call to action by one of our most generous, solid, and professional members to the fashion statement of the 'Stop Snitching' social movement within the rampant street gang and hardcore rap music communities.

'On the streets', citizens of certain urban areas are held subject to possible/inevitable harassment or harm if they are found to be 'snitches', or informants to community or law enforcement of the actions of street-gang members.

With the illustration above, I compare this trend to the zeitgeist around Mike Orlen among 'those who he will call back on the telephone' and such.
There appears to be some sort of secret handshake or 'gang sign' (as used by one of the apparent gang members above) one must use in order to ensure the consistent attention and allied support of Mike Orlen.

My gesture is definitely flippant.
It's meant to bring a bit of dark humor to the situation.
I hope you get it too.

Cheers
Tinker

Sidelock
Sidelock

I'm glad you clarified that Tinker. I thought for a minute you were just a Planet of the Apes movie fan and had posted that photo on the wrong BB.

Sidelock
Sidelock

No Greg.
Not a big fan of the Planet of the Apes films.

Just needed an image to properly illustrate the dark humor, as noted above.

Cheers
Tinker

Page 6 of 12 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 11 12

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.