Jan 21st, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 12
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

I have been trying to get a a reply from you (latest approx. 3 weeks ago) as to where my bbl's are. You have had them close to 9 mo. for back boring. Everytime I have called you, you tell me they are still there in the box but you will get to them in the next week. I lasy emailed you & requested since you don't seem to have any interest in doing the commision, please return them to me. I still have not received an answer or my bbl's. You have done some work for me in the past which was completed in good order --- no complaints ------ however, your not replying to my emails or calls causes me concern after about nine months. What must I do to get a reply & my bbl's back ?

Last edited by Ken Hurst; 12/28/09 09:06 PM.

Ken Hurst
910-221-5288
Sidelock
Sidelock

That oughta do it, Mr. Ken...Geo

Sidelock
Sidelock

Good luck. Been there myself. I shall not go back.

Dustin says, "Today is a gift, Have Fun."
Sidelock
Sidelock

I here ya Ken

Bene there done that!

Sidelock
Sidelock

Mike took on some work for me a few years ago that I knew up front was outside his usual line. The gun got 'lost' in what I'd term "creative block" and Mike began ignoring my nagging about it.

I decided to back off and place my trust in his reputation for integrity, and my old sxs Beretta showed up with the work impeccably done and was accompanied by a gunsmithing bill which was a fraction of what I had expected. Give Mike a little more room and see what happens...Geo

Sidelock
Sidelock

Yikes!

Originally Posted By: Ken Hurst
I have been trying to get a a reply from you (latest approx. 3 weeks ago) as to where my bbl's are. You have had them close to 9 mo. for back boring. Everytime I have called you, you tell me they are still there in the box but you will get to them in the next week. I lasy emailed you & requested since you don't seem to have any interest in doing the commision, please return them to me. I still have not received an answer or my bbl's. You have done some work for me in the past which was completed in good order --- no complaints ------ however, your not replying to my emails or calls causes me concern after about nine months. What must I do to get a reply & my bbl's back ?

Ken -

Good luck on this.
Hopefully this will come out quickly and with a good ending for you.

I have a couple of barrel work jobs that I've been hanging on to for the past 3 or 4 years, with no other reason than that I've been weary of the possibility of my parts either getting screwed up or lost by the shipper or somehow vaporized into the ether of someone's workshop.

Happy Holidays to you too!

Cheers
Tinker

Sidelock
Sidelock

This is not good. I thought Mike Orlen was one of the good guys. Thank you for the heads up!

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

There is some comfort in knowing that I am not alone in my frustration in dealing with Mr. Orlen.

In October of 2008 I sent him a set of LC Smith Ideal Grade 12 ga. barrels for chamber lengthening, choke work and reblue, the latter a service he advertised at the time. I included full payment for the work plus return shipping and insurance. Mr. Orlen cashed my check in December of 2008. Over the next 12 months to date, I have spoken on the phone with him 5 times, sent 4 letters, one Registered Mail, and all with Return Receipt to verify his receipt, said receipts acknowledged by their return. In the phone calls I was told from the first that the choke and chamber work was done and the hold up was the bluing. As time passed, I asked him repeatedly to send the barrels back without the bluing done, regardless of their external condition. To date I have no barrels and of course, no verbal contact or correspondence reply from Mr. Orlen.

I had contemplated contacting the MA Attorney General and the Amherst Better Business Bureau, but resisted doing so. Knowing MA's attitude toward firearms, I was concerned that a complaint could lead to a loss of some form of state license for Mr. Orlan and impact what may be his livelyhood. As each day passes that concern diminishes. What is so frustrating for me and others who are in this situation is that Mr. Orlen has done at least a dozen shotgun barrels for me over a 10 year period, and the work was done well and they were returned quickly.

And a closing comment which I suspect and hope is unnecessary on this Board - I posted on another on line magazine board my comments on Mr. Orlen and the chronology of my problems - I received several on board responses and PM's that told me to 'lay off' this wonderful fellow and questioned the marital status of my parents. For those of you who might wish to respond this way - don't waste your time or mine.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Well, I've tried to get a response from Mike for sometime now with no results......the bad thing is I've recommended him to my buddies.

Dodging lions and wasting time.....
Sidelock
Sidelock

It is a pity to hear comments such as these about someone who has normally been
praised for the quality, proper pricing and speed of his work. Surely something is up.

On another note, Larryguy, one should stay away from sites where other members
feel they can get to question your parents' marital status.

JC

"...it is always advisable to perceive clearly our ignorance."ť Charles Darwin
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 12

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.