Most Online1,335
Apr 27th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Sidelock
Sidelock

I gottah say DUHH to a couple of you would be experts with stars by yourt name including the guy who is always putting dowen Fox guns. Shows how much you knoww. If you look at the pix you will see there are NO internals in that reciever, it was annealed for filing and engraving. The top lever is just sitting there for the pix no particular location rightt or left.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I'd send it to my gunsmith, Doug Milweski, in Bozeman MT to get that top lever problem fixed. If Doug can't fix it no one can.
If you need any proof his work is the best, well, you know a gunsmith is good when his name is used in the possessive form.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Cherry bomb- you got that right about the experts. Where do they think the top lever is going with out the barrels on the reciever or in this case no parts in it.

AC

Sidelock
Sidelock

Esactly right, on that top lever, IMHO. I love what has been done so far and look forward to seeing the "rest of the story". How about a picture of the wood also so we have even more to drool over.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Dan, that is very nice file work and I'm sure the client will be very pleased with the result.

I might suggest that the next time you take a photo of a Fox action you attach the nut to the bottom of the top lever and tighten it down so the top lever is to the right. That will keep all the experts happy :-)

I'm a great fan of Fox actions as a custom shotgun base (hence my email address)and I've found a LOT of variation in the shape of the action spear or whatever you want to call it. Some are sharp and some are much more rounded at the front. You have to work with what you've got unless you have access to a TIG welder to add metal.

Again, nice job!

Doug Mann

Hey Dan:
Terrific design and execution! Happy to see so many compliments, expecially those from some of the most experienced and respected craftsmen in the business. Look forward to seeing more work in progress and finished project.
Berle Cherney

Sidelock
Sidelock

Doug -

did you get my e mail with photos??

- JBP

tut Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Goodness gracious. I'll certainly be pleased when my custom Fox SW 12 gauge gets started. I'm hoping that will be next month. Am I correct on that Dan? PS. Mine will have the rebates, etc. and Dan will be restocking it as well. I'm getting excited to say the least.

foxes rule
Boxlock
OP Offline
Boxlock

Thanks for the compliments and for the advice Mr. Mann. It never occured to me that the top lever position would become an "issue" in a photo of a completly stripped receiver.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Dan I wouldn't worry about.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.