Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
#170810 12/19/09 12:17 AM
RMC Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Stopped by Fieldsport in TC today to chat with Bryan about the sorry state of affairs in upland hunting in Michigan. That discussion ended quickly as a friend of Bryans walked in and started an emotional discussion regarding the wolves killing dogs in the UP. He lost one of his prized ES's males this October to the wolves. Barely missing them getting a pup that scampered back to its owner when the fatal confrontation occured. This gentleman related this is the 11th dog he knows of that was killed this fall in the Hiawatha National forest by wolves. One group a pack of beagles. Stories of this kind are common lore in my neck of the woods and this sh*t has got to stop. Just today, the DNR announced a $7000 reward for naming the guy who recently killed a wolf in the western UP. But will not give this guy a dime for the loss of his dog. Time to get those wolves the hell out of Michigan. Anyone with a contact or story of losing a dog to the wolves,please speak up. Bear hounds really get hammered by the wolves in the summer. Deer hunters are fed up with the decline of whitetails in the northern part of the state. Wolves in the UP and the coyotes in the northern lower. DNR bans hunting coyotes during deer season as not to have a wolf mistaken for a coyote if the season is left open. Anyone hunting whitetail in western Ontario probably has first hand knowledge of the carnage a pack can have on a deer herd in just one year. Is this an issue with anyone else on this forum?? Tree huggers need not respond, I don't want to hear it. Randy

RMC
Sidelock
Sidelock

I shoot coyotes in self defense whenever I can.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Our pioneer forefathers killed off the top end predators because they insisted on eating the livestock, terrorizing the women and killing the children. Now the Bambi crowd wants to bring them all back.

Wolves in Yellowstone; OK, but panthers where I live; no way...Geo

Sidelock
Sidelock

Post deleted by Geo. Newbern

Sidelock
Sidelock

Its crazy.
Even in Europian Union our friends from Baltic countries get licence from time to time to thin out wolf packs, when they begin to eat dogs and livestock.
This photo from Estonia 1 week ago.

Geno.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Same thing is happening in Wisconsin. DNR will pay for a dog the 1st time in an area. Afterthat it is a known wolf area and you go at your own risk!! Many deer hunters this year saw more wolves than deer. Lowest deer kill in many years. Wolves are now in areas much further south than they ever thought.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Ever hear of the shoot and don't tell law.

Sidelock
Sidelock

According to what I've been told the biggest cause of the decline in the anteope population here in Arizona is coyotes.
The sutuation here is getting crazy as I saw a bobcat cross the road in a residential subdivision a couple of weeks ago. Our DNR has trapped multiple bears in residential areas in recent years.
Jim

The 2nd Amendment IS an unalienable right.
Sidelock
Sidelock

we finally got a season on the buggers here .
Dispite the fact that the population has grown faster then expected and long ago serpased the numbers originally defined by the re introduction groups

myself i enjoy seeing them in the wild. we have always had wolves here . but the numbers have always been so very low that you might only get to see one once or twice in a life time .

not now though . since the re introduction , forced on us by animal rights groups , they are now multiplying like crazy .

the big game herds , long ago lost their natural instincts dictating how they deal this predator .

If you need information on dog attacks , livestock attack , look to Idaho , Montana and Wyoming .
There are a number of reports to the IDF&G of bear hound hunters , losing their dogs or a dog or two to wolves . These are small beagle type dogs either

The wolves re introduced to these areas have now spread to bordering state like Oregon and Washington . The movement of these animals shown by tracking devices .

The real funny thing is that these same groups who forced the re introduction don’t want them in their home states . But sure are willing to force them on others

I been out 3 times specifically for wolves .
Again I have a tag . But I have not been lucky enough to bet close enough for a shot . When I have , I have not been ready for the encounter . That will change though

Sidelock
Sidelock

We just had a cougar shot here in Iowa last week and you should hear the comments! I like the thought that there are large predators out in the woods but I would not want to lose a dog or livestock to them.They need to be controlled and it is too bad that there is not enough space for us all in this country but large predators and humans cannot exist without friction.The lion has lost more of its habitat than any other large mammal in the world. They used to exist,not only in Africa,but in asia and large areas of the middle east. People just will not tolerate predators, no matter how beautiful or awe inspiring, when they munch on the kids or the pets.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.