May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
1 members (smlekid), 608 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,501
Posts545,497
Members14,414
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 14 of 14 1 2 12 13 14
Sidelock
Sidelock

Geno,
Any engineer will tell you that the cut for the cartridge RIM in the breech ends of the barrels also makes them weak-but, every single gun has them. And, the only guns that fail, in that area, are being, or have been, abused. Conventional guns, or, Darnes.
You said it yourself. A double nitro load was suspected. However, I believe a bore obstruction was more likely, if, in fact, the crack is related to internal pressure-it appears to be closed from the outside, and cracking inward.
Admit it, Geno, there are a lot of old Darnes out there, the number 600,000 was out the door by WWII. If they were as bad as you make them out to be, we would see many, many more in damaged condition.
We don't.

Best,
Ted

Sidelock
Sidelock

I told you before you just didn't see Darne's in damaged condition, I did. You just play here.

Geno.
Sidelock
Sidelock

You got that right Geno...he plays.

Ted'e...If there was so many darn Darnes built then where are they at ?

Burried in some French landfill I suspect.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Yup- right next to old Jimmy Morrison- no more "Light my Fire- or Bite my Wire" for the Jimbo-prolly out chasing some bare-assed Indian Chief in the Peyote flats desert--

"The field is the touchstone of the man"..
Sidelock
Sidelock

I wonder anybody saw or heard about DR Darne at Safari?
I had Darne's and its clones and allways it was a bit problem to reload this type of gun. When you have break open gun it is much easier and especially in trouble situations.

Geno.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Darne DR has been around since 1900, Geno. It's nothing new, except, maybe to you. When I was "Playing" in France, I got to shoot the model R Express, in both 8X57 JRS and 9.3X74 at the under-ground range at the Darne shop, and handle (but, not shoot, sadly) Paul Bruchet's 1910 built V action, in 450-500. My Proof house visit showed that the Darnes didn't fail the highest proof in Europe, at least not in the memory of the proof master working there at the time (1996).
It is easy to see the guys who will have trouble loading a Darne at a very early age-they are the same kids who get picked LAST for sports teams at school.
Good luck, Geno.
Best,
Ted

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Ted Schefelbein
It is easy to see the guys who will have trouble loading a Darne at a very early age-they are the same kids who get picked LAST for sports teams at school.

I was one of the first in school sport team, Ted.
Do you want to hurt me, Ted?
I'm realy sorry for you, Ted.
Goodbuy, Ted.

Geno.
Sidelock
Sidelock

If the Frogs make such world class firearms (LeBel and Chaqqacuat LMG-1914- Maginot line 1930's et al) why did the greatest gun designer to ever use a drafting table (John Moses browning) go to Liege, Belgium in 1903 and have FN make his A-5 autoloading shotty gun (after Edward Bennett at WRA brushed him off and Marcellus Hartley at Rem-UMC fubared the deal with a big time heart attack and John was cooling his Morman styled heels in the waiting room at Ilion- and why did FN make all the great autoloading pistols for WW11 and beyond- I carried an FN 9mm "in country" great weapon, as was/still is the 1911 and 1911-A-1. Show me one Frenchie made military weapon that has stood up next to the masterful hand of John Browning and his pals at Leige BELGIUM--The Darne shotgun may be OK, but Regis Darne- Regis Philbin- Regis Dustbin- WTF is up with that??

"The field is the touchstone of the man"..
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Run With The Fox
What happened at Ft. Hood ain't good- Clean up America-wipe it up with a Towlie!!

What is a "Towlie"?

R. Craig Clark
jakearoo(at)cox.net
Page 14 of 14 1 2 12 13 14

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.