April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
4 members (David Williamson, Researcher, 2 invisible), 832 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,445
Posts544,831
Members14,406
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Sidelock
Sidelock

The areas on the underlugs were tig welded and and put back on face. Rich

Sidelock
Sidelock

Rich did you receive my PM?

Sidelock
Sidelock

Rich, are you still doing this kind of work?

thanks,

Rob

My problem lies in reconciling my gross habits with my net income.
- Errol Flynn
Sidelock
Sidelock

Mike, I sent you a email.

Rob, I have become diabled, Lost partial use of my right hand and have had several opperations, Time will determine if i get back into building again.

For those interested http://static.pbsrc.com/flash/rss_slides...show%2Ffeed.rss

Regards Rich

PeteM Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

There is one other gunsmith who was doing conversions. Haven't spoken to him in over a year.

Robert Hynden
roberthynden@yahoo.com

Pete

Sidelock
Sidelock

Mike brought up having a cape gun converted. Can this be done to just the shotgun barrel? Who and how much would something like that cost?

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: battle
Mike brought up having a cape gun converted. Can this be done to just the shotgun barrel? Who and how much would something like that cost?

Mike the problem with converting a cape gun is the different size in the barrels at the chamber area. They can not be sleeved. The left barrel can be removed from the underlugs and a new barrel installed, however sometimes the balls on the standing breech can be different, also the location of the firing pins can be different. You would also need new ribs, sights, forearm, and then the question is can you get a reamer without having a custom one ground these are just a few of the things that would make it costly. Also sometimes the ribs are brazed instead of soldered. Enjoy your cape gun and persue other avenues. Regards Rich

Sidelock
Sidelock

Thanks for the info Rich and best wishes for your recovery.

Rob

My problem lies in reconciling my gross habits with my net income.
- Errol Flynn
Boxlock
Boxlock

Rich,
I will be happy to get in line for one of those conversions.I am new to the link, and Have been thinking about obtaining a double for a while, and could not find anyone able or realistic in price to do the work.Thanks, FredW

Sidelock
Sidelock

Wow - that came up great. I hadn't considered cutting a thread like that into the breech of the gun. I was going to braise the transition/interference fit tube to the inside of the barrel. But this has given me something to think about. Could use a meatier barrel and nitro loads as opposed to black powder. mmmmmm

What is it about these old guns that draws us in?
www.firearms4sale.com.au
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.