April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
1 members (KY Jon), 371 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,480
Posts545,228
Members14,410
Most Online1,335
Apr 27th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Thaks for suport Montenegrin Jani. Na cijeloj puški nema naziva proizvođaća, a lijepa mi je uspomena. Volio bih znati.

Last edited by mario 16-65; 08/11/09 05:55 AM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: mario 16-65
Na cijeloj puški nema naziva proizvođaća, a lijepa mi je uspomena. Volio bih znati.

Hey! I seem to understand that!

Sidelock
Sidelock

Looks like a fine side-by-side- does it have the stock cheek piece and the sling swivel bows that many German made double and drilling shotguns have? Have you shot it for pattern testing and function. What can the average citizen in the Slavic States hunt-or is hunting restricted to the wealthy landowners and upper classes there? Da, vas nadrovia!!

"The field is the touchstone of the man"..
Sidelock
Sidelock

Mario, your English is fine. Unusual gun you have there. The only part of Croatia I have visited was Dubrovnic. Croatia interests me as one of my interests is in European freshwater fishes and some rare species are to be found only in Croatia. Good luck with finding out about the gun. Lagopus.....

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Enyvone who has the licence can hunt in Croatia, i have some italian friends who came here and hunting in our hunting parks.
The gun is in my family about 60 years.
It has some PV sign, and X vith* above. litle g is someone says the year "1928".
The big C and Y1 is a big mistery to me.
Also there is no name of maker or manufacturer!!!
Thanks for suport.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Ја бих положити га у моје деце уз познавање лов и стрељаштво. Понекад је означите маркери здробљени у пријемник. Тако имате било какве информације о мађарски бранше пиштољ? Можете пронаћи своју адресу е-поште у моје контакт инфо.

I would pass it along to my heirs and assigns along with the knowledge of hunting and shooting. You wouldn't happen to have any info on any Hungarian craftsmen, would you?

The date code is above the controllers mark of a spangled "X", which may be for Alfred Reignier from PeteM's site: http://damascus-barrels.com/Belgian_All_Proofmarks.html . I think that "g" goes with the "Y1" stamp. I've downloaded the pic and zoomed in and I think the date code is a "R", which would be for 1939.

Thanks, Jani. As usual I stumbled upon info on the Cugir double.

Kind Regards,

Raimey
rse

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

I don't no any Hungarian craftsmen, sorry. You said that litle g goes with Y1 and that is posible that is sign for the black powder proof of the russian proof rules. Or Y1 is Yugoslavian marks applied to imported gun like Lagopus said. I saw some photos of belgium guns and the mark litle g is on the same place as mine gun.

Thanks. Mario.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Mario:

Do you have any info on Yugoslavian proof marks? I could easily be mistaken, but I don't think this longarm was originally proofed in Belgium as it is missing fundamental marks as per the Belgian proof law. Yugoslavian appears to have been in the 1914 CIP pact, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Commission_..._Feu_Portatives , and Belgium may have honored the preliminary/final? Romanina/Russian/Yugoslavian marks and added controller, date & chamber info. Truly interesting piece. Any history on how you family acquired it?

Kind Regards,

Raimey
rse

Sidelock
Sidelock

PV on Belgian guns usually has a lion mark just above. The PV standing for Poudre Vivra and is the nitro proof mark. The 16 - 65 in the oval shape is typically Belgian to show calibre and chamber length in Millimeters. It is an unusual gun. Lagopus.....

Sidelock
Sidelock

Raimey,
As far as I remember Yugoslavia (SFRJ) joined CIP in the 1960s.
Kind regards,
Jani

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.