May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
8 members (cpa, AGS, Chantry, HMAK, ClapperZapper, 1 invisible), 776 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,501
Posts545,483
Members14,414
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Sidelock
Sidelock

With repect to Paul B. of Wichataw KS- I will rephrase my question from: "Who the Hell are these two broads?" to "Whom the Hell are these two broads?" Never heard of them. Do they shoot double guns, bird hunt--or are they in the Paris Hilton mileu? My pal stopped reading Shooting Sports magazine a year or so ago when they showed some very attractive model in Filsons in a duck hunting scenario on the cover-.Very posed, no mud, no camo face paint, no blood on the deceased mallards hanging from the game strap- Just like in the Cabellas catalogues- 'never let 'em see you sweat' must be the ad. foto shoot mantra!!

Last edited by Run With The Fox; 08/10/09 02:15 PM.

"The field is the touchstone of the man"..
Sidelock
Sidelock

That was a dewsey...

Sidelock
Sidelock

I have had this "Runs" guy blocked for a long time, but decided to read this last post......For the life of me, I cant understand any of it? What in the world is he saying? And why? Back to blocked...jOe nailed it, a dewsey.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Ok L.D. I'll do a Ricky/Lucy Ricardo number for you here and do some 'splainin'-whether you block me or not, that's a First Amendment right we ALL enjoy here, thanks to host Dave Weber.

I have no idea who these two aforementioned broads are. Why, on a gunning forum they are even mentioned is beyond my apparently limited understanding. As my Grandather Sean once told me, when he let me shoot one of his Parkers when I was about 12ish- "Son, there are certain things men do if they are real men, that the womenfolk have no business with- Shootin' Pigeons and Pheasants, Playing Poker and Pool, and Politics"!! IMO. powercrazed broads like Sarah Brady Bunch, Dianne Feinstein, Hillary R. Clinton, Ruth Bader Ginzbergh and now Sonya Sotomayor, amongst others, wouldn't be muckin' up the Second amendment for us legit gun owners/collectors/shooters- and every one of them is a man hatin' ball bustin' &*^%$ IMO- that's what I was trying to convey.

Now for my brother HoJo in Memphis, it is Doozey- short for the classic 1930's roadster from Auburn, Indiana- the great Deusenberg- an icon indeed.

Last edited by Run With The Fox; 08/10/09 02:16 PM.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Anyone who was fighting in Vietnam got my respect and I'll be the first to sit right down and listen to him when he speaks, whether I understand him or not he's more than earned it from everyone!
Fox is just one of many differant personalities on this board and from what I hear a great shot!!

Sidelock
Sidelock

I have my good days afield Treblig, and some fair days, but to paraphrase a bumper sticker- a bad day shootin' sure beats a good day at work- of course I am retired. Where are you in the Keystone State, if I may ask? We visited Gettysburg in mid-June, and then Mae and I left for Valley Forge-last time I was there was in Boy Scouts Jamboree about 1954- one of my sisters lives in nearby Devon- on Swedesford Rd. which winds like a ruptured snake around part of the Park complex- beautiful country indeed.

After Valley Forge we headed for Wilmington DE, another sister and my nephews (all working for AIG- American International Greed or J.P. Morgan Chase), then down through Dover to take in the AFB and the USAF Airshow-loved the Thunderbirds 5 man show, even better the WW11 aircraft and simulated dogfights-loved that P-51 Mustang.

Then down to Ocean City MD (White Marlin Capital of the USA) and another sister, a short trip over to Crisfield and the Ward brothers decoys I can't afford, then to Williamsburg, then Richmond, Quantico, and back through MD (like Lee in late June 1963- if only he knew) and outside Pittsburg for our last stay before home. learned that my favorite USA brews, Leinie and Pabst, aren't the oldest- Yeunlang(?) I call it Ying-Yang, Pottstown (near Valley Forge area) 1839. Had several of that brand's Black and Tans- as good a Guiness, and that's saying a lot. Never have yet tried scrapple-try to go easy on the fried foods- but there sure is a lot to like in PA- do you guys have a legal dove season? Heard you can shoot box birds too-maybe private clubs, hope the PETA idiots don't mess that up.

You ever find yourself in MI you give me a shout, and if the season is on, I'll treat you to a shoot at one of the two clubs I frequent- Tower birds-I love to shoot Tower released birds-if not, then some "flying &^%$wagons" on one of my many area dairy farms- I might even have an extra shotgun in case you need one.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Fox, I'm in Apollo Pa, east of Pittsburgh on route 56, beautiful country also, just not much for birds.
I'll shoot with you only if you tie one arm behind your back!!!

Last edited by treblig1958; 08/07/09 09:49 AM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

There are so many, many people on this board I would loved to have had the opportunity to meet. Too many have passed away but live in my memory because they introduced me to so many doubles I had no knowledge of before I came here. To each of them, thanks.

Montana has always been one of my favorites, along with Wilhelm and Jay Cee. I'd love to have a beer with Utah Shotguner or Bill Murphey, an opportunity to learn from Don Amos or sip a sweet tea with 2 Piper. Pete and I could chuck bombs at FH (Lowell) or run down ditch parrots in Idaho. To see Doug Mann or Glenn Fewless and ask them to evaluate my work would be a great honor. I assume they'd be polite.

So many, so many.

Cary Nelson

Sidelock
Sidelock

I dont "Click-On Here" so often, but when I do I find a Wealth of "Good-Stuff" and I find You Colonials extremely generous with your compliments for "US LOT" that had no other choice but to use our hands to "EEEK Out" some form of living in "The Trade".Quite a few have'Dropped and been rolled to rest under the Work-Bench! (My Younger than me, Friend and Master of All he Surveyed, Alfred'Swiss Alf' being the latest loss we are suffering)...But I think I speak for my Fellow Hands-On Gunmakers & Gunsmiths Your Compliments are Greatfully Aknowledged.(Will be at the Lobster Pound bar (Cape Neddick, Me.) Draught Harp "On Me"...cc/DTev.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Huum- Draught or Draft?? Harp Lager in Da Lobstaaaar State- sounds like a field recon to L.L. Beanie might be up and comin'. best shooting form, protocol and good manners afield I have EVER seen presented in a video was the Holland & Holland series with Ken Davies- please, thank you, by your leave and safe gun handling first-we all can benefit from that.

Understand Mr. Davies is now "Of Counsel" for H&H but his keen observations of the shooting forms of others, his gentle but direct suggestions and actual "hands on shooting" with his pupil's guns as well as his own- I learned a great deal.

In the thread about the lates Lord(s) Ripon and Walsingham, I saw a foto of His Lordship- with his gun breech at his shoulder and the muzzle pointed safely towards the clouds- where it should be. I'll wager you a Pint of Porter and a plate of Bangers at the Boar'shead Inn that were either you or I to approach him, he would turn away, and open the breech of his shotgun before engaging in a chat- The late Paul A. Curtis, a devout Anglophile, also preached such good form and manners.

Last edited by Run With The Fox; 08/07/09 07:18 PM.

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.