Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Sidelock
Sidelock

I would like to have some good BBQ with Ken Hurst.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Ken Hurst (who I've already gone well on the way of meeting by way of several Saturday morning phone calls)
Marcus Hunt, Barry Lee Hands, and David Trevallion
This crew would be the dream team for a semester of intensive training.

Also for good times around the bench and bbq (the above should join also) Lagopus, Pete, PM, Chuck H, Ron Vella, Mike Harrel, Brent D, Rabbit, Barrel Browner, Andre', Dig H and all others listed. Sure I missed a few...

For pure schits/giggles I'd like to sit around a burn barrel with Homeless Joe/Glenthorne/Ted S/RdShow and others.
I'm sure that'd be a gas.

I'd like to hunt Black Bear and Whitetail with Capt Curl
I'd like to hunt the Northern forests with PWM
I'd like to hunt the Northern Territory with Marrakai
I'd like to hunt Kamchatka for Brown Bear with Geno

I'd like to take whatever game we'd kill and prepare a huge meal for Dave and his family as a gesture of appreciation for keeping this place together and available for everyone here to sit and shoot the breeze!

Cheers
Tinker

Sidelock
Sidelock

Dreaming. A annual meeting with a bunch of our members as speakers. And workshops! I know it's not going to happen but I can dream.....

When an old man dies a library burns to the ground. (Old African proverb)
Sidelock
Sidelock

Well I'd like a beer with Gettemans, I love Belgium, with a different brewery in every town. Seem dimly to recall drinking a brew called "Forbidden Fruit" in Overejse (sp) on a hot day at a Belgian friends BBQ. I wondered why it comes in small bottles, it's potent stuff! That's why I dimly recall!

I'd like to meet, as so many others do:

Ken Hunt
Dave Trevallion
Salopian
The Laird of Glenthorne
Rocketman
Lagopus
Barry Lee Hands
Frank Otte
Dig Haddoke
And a whole world of posters on this site, from whom I have learned so much, and I am so glad to be able to chip in with an erudite post now and again.
Mike

Sidelock
Sidelock

Crossed Chisles and SDH -- as a wannabe,would hang on every word they said. For a hell of a good time and a few beers (brand not at all important - only like warm beer and cold beer), Markethunter and Run With the Fox.
But mostly, HOmeless JOe --- great sense of humor. Can always use more of that.
Best;
Kraft
P.S. Would like to meet every one of you......

Sidelock
Sidelock

I am surprised and humbled by the response!?!?
I've had the great pleasure to meet many of the folks who post here (and was shooting several 16's with good friend Daryl Hallquist today!) and would like to extend the invitation. An awful lot of folks travel through Livingston each year and many stop by the shop. It is not a retail location, but my number is in the book, please just try to call a day or two ahead.
I can't count the number of gunmakers and craftsmen who have welcomed me into their shops over the many years... and I always try to do likewise.
Best,
Steve

Sidelock
Sidelock

Reviewing other Boards I noticed one thing no one will post a picture of the work they have done....NOT HERE!!!
I believe this is what separates this Board from all the others, all of the craftmen here that do world class work.
And they are nice enough to stop what they are doing to answer even the most basic question any beginner may ask.

Sidelock
Sidelock

All of the above would be on my "short" list but first would be Dave, so I could personally thank him for making this great forum possible.

Thanks Dave.

Mike

Sidelock
Sidelock

I live in Michigan Kraft- believe Market Hunter hails from Illinois-would enjoy busting a few brews with you any time, thanks for the "mention". Wish we had gotten a dove season here, have to visit your State or neighboring Indiana for that, and next to pass shooting ducks and geese, I'd have to put doves in flight in a crosswind as a supreme airborne target, along with pigeons. If you ever find yourself in MI give me a shout- cell phone is 616-894-5019.

I'd also include, of course, Homeless Joe, DAM (gotta include a Parker-ist from Wm. Hardon Foster's homegrounds, especially one who has a full beard and drives a Stutz-Bearcat on special days) George Lander and his gracious Southern gentlemanly ways, Randy McCune from Petoskey, MI (any man who has the panache to dust a 'yote in the *&^end with a vintage 10 bore with BP loads is "Aces" in my book, and Walter Snyder of Fayetteville NC area- his answers to questions about his area of expertise- Ithacas- are right on the money- no B.S.

But the $250 fifth of Johnny Walker Blue Label (60 years old) and Partegas and Cuesta Reyes I might spring for- those are for our website host and "founder of the feast" Dave Weber. I'll raise a glass and toast any man who is constant in his beliefs, especially the First Amendment. And that is 100% S.O.P. for Dave and this website, and thank God for that.

Last edited by Run With The Fox; 08/06/09 08:43 AM.

"The field is the touchstone of the man"..
Sidelock
Sidelock

I have had the good fortune to meet quite a few of the members of this board, who stopped in as they passed through or stayed as guests. Joe Wood is certainly a great friend and mentor, not to mention a pretty fair wing shot due, no doubt, to his apprenticeship with Amarillo Mike. I share his wish, what a deal to have a one time get together..

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.