May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
1 members (Themauserkid), 303 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,537
Posts546,031
Members14,420
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
#1549 09/21/06 06:00 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Godspeed Russmeister.

Craig

#1550 09/21/06 06:45 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Russ,
I only know "of you" rather than actually knowing you, but from what I know of you and your character from this forum, I would have been honored to have met and known you as a friend. I always appreciated your honesty and what I took as good natured banter about "Klunkers." I have read about your present condition and I will only say this: if it is God's will, I sincerely hope that you will recover from this. If it is not to be, I pray that you will reside with him forever and ever. Thank you Russ, for having been a part of this great board. May God Bless you and your family.

Perry M. Kissam
NRA Patron Life Member
#1551 09/21/06 08:42 PM
tw Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Ed or Pipeliner, whomever reads this first .. please let Russ know that we are glad he is returned home and that had it been his wish [we know it was not] we'd of had some sort of double miscreant welcoming comittee waiting in the driveway, in at least the figurative sense. As it is, I'd say get the hospice folks to help you get him on one those tractors and drive it out in the field and help him shoot something. And why not!? At least fire one of those tractors up for him, if there is one around.

.. And for Russ, "A heart felt toast to you, my friend, for the person you are and the fun that we've had over these past few years because of just that! Glad you're home."

#1552 09/22/06 08:36 AM

Russ be like Winston...your presence here and at every other board you frequent is in demand.

Godspeed...you and your family are in my prayers.

J L Dunn

J L Dunn
#1553 09/22/06 04:52 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

I am also one of the many that Russ helped via email with over the years. I always marvelled at his knowledge and enjoyed his insight. I have to admit enjoying (more than I should) when another, "how much is my Belgian clunker worth" question appeared on the board. I knew that more often than not Russ would be there shortly to break it to them in his special way that their gun was not to be the next featured item on the Antiques Roadshow.

We will miss you Russ. The knowledge you shared will live on long after all of us are gone. Godspeed.

Ken

#1554 09/22/06 08:51 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

I've been reading this topic for a day or two, and was too shocked and saddened to know what to say. Russ' posts were the first things I read on many of the boards he frequented. As so many others have wished - Godspeed r-cubed.

#1555 09/22/06 10:11 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

I think that some of Russ's best "it just a belgian klunker" answers should be canned and used for years to come. Why deprive future questioners of his clear "answers"? Researcher has several canned answers that are really great to see and give out a lot of real good information. So why not pick the best five Klunkermeisters answers and use them again and again?

Just as some of us have saved Oscars posts and articles, Russ's "Klunerism" should be kept as part of the bbs. Just my two cents worth and before you ask, no, no one really asked for my opinion. But I did love those It worth a hundred dollars or use it for tomatoe stake type answers.

Russ I have miss your post and wish you and your family the very best. God Bless.

#1556 09/23/06 09:24 AM
Sidelock
Sidelock

I am sorry to hear about Russ's condition. I am mostly just a lurker here and rarely post but when I decided that my first double should be a NID and inquired here if anyone had one for sale Russ answered me and since he was only about a 100 miles away I went and checked it out. Like a previous poster said I think he was expecting someone a little older and I had also made a little better time getting there than I had anticipated so I was about twenty minutes early in arriving. When he answered the door he almost grouchily informed me that I was early but to come on in anyway. Webster's definition of curmudgeon for sure! Anyway after I picked out a Ithaca that I liked and handed him some cash we talked for a while and two hours later after he got done showing me his most amazing collection (he has stuff that I never even dreamed existed) I thanked him profusely and was on my way home. I think he made the comment "I have to start selling some of this stuff now or else after I kick the bucket my wife will have a garage sale and sell em' all for $5 apiece".

Those of you that never met him in person have truely missed out on something. God be with you.

#1557 09/23/06 10:27 AM
Sidelock
Sidelock

It's easy to see, from the above, how many people Russ has touched--even though in most cases (mine included) it was through cyberspace. I've learned a bunch on this website, and much of that came from the Old Clunker himself--some of which I've doubtless passed on in articles I've written, which further broadened Russ' touch.

Russ is one gunshop regular who will indeed be missed. My deepest sympathies to his family.

#1558 09/23/06 10:49 AM

Jon, I have many of his words of wisdom archived in MS Word. (Just one that's notable is his method for assembling the LCS bottom, top lever screw.) They are available for a good purpose.

Fred
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.