May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
4 members (Hammergun, eeb, Hal M Hare, Jem Finch), 773 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,501
Posts545,497
Members14,414
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#15176 12/15/06 02:47 PM
gjw Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Hi all! I'me new to this post,and I'm gald to be here, I just love SxS (thats all I hunt with) and own several. I've posted this on other forums and will here again if its OK. I'm thinking of getting a DeHaan S2 in 16ga and would like any opinions on these guns. Any info will be greatly appreciatd!!

Thanks and God Bless!!!

Greg

Gregory J. Westberg
MSG, USA
Ret
Sidelock
Sidelock

Don't think you can go wrong. I have a CZ Ringneck that I like and the DeHaans are supposed to be better quality still. I have confidence in Mark so I decided to go with a DeHaan SRG13 thought it might be interesting to go with a high grade since most people have bought his standard products and there hasn't been a lot of feedback on the high grades. It should be here within a month. I will keep the board posted on my findings.

-Shoot Straight, IM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Don't think you can go wrong. I have a CZ Ringneck that I like and the DeHaans are supposed to be better quality still. I have confidence in Mark so I decided to go with a DeHaan SRG13 thought it might be interesting to go with a high grade since most people have bought his standard products and there hasn't been a lot of feedback on the high grades. It should be here within a month. I will keep the board posted on my findings.

-Shoot Straight, IM
Boxlock
Boxlock

If the S2 is the model with two triggers, splinter forend, straight stock, then I have an S2 in 28 ga. I like the gun, particularly the handling. When I first got it the left firing pin was dragging on the primer cup, making it hard to open the gun. It was only a matter of time and sure enough on the 95th round during the initial clays shakedown the pin broke.

I was dissapointed but Mark could not have been better about it. The first words out of his mouth after I told him what happened were "This is up to you. Do you want your money back in full or would you like a new gun?"

I chose to replace the gun and Mark even expedited it to me when I told him I was leaving in a week to go to Michigan.

A buddy of mine got a CZ Bobwhite in 20 ga. not long ago and they appear to be essentially the same gun. The Dehann may be fitted a little better. They are filed a bit differently at the back of the receiver. Not sure about the 16 but the CZ 20 (a 26 in. gun)did not have the sweet handling qualities of the 28 which has 28 in. bbls. Not sure how you could get your hands on one to try it.

The 28 is about all I use for woodcock and carries and points great.

SK

Sidelock
Sidelock

I'm looking at a DeHaan as well so I'll be watching this thread. Cooter - you have an S0, in fact, the exact one I'm considering so I appreciate your insight.

Phil

Sidelock
Sidelock

I got a dehaan s2 str8 grip 28" .410 st.
decent workmanship,you can ask Mark for a hand select wood,and you may get fiddleback or something close to/about semi fancy or 1 "x" grade wood.
Then you strip that red poly finish off of it and redo it in oil finish and really bring out the grain.

Okay -- you've gotten my attention. I have a Bobwhite CZ 410 and like it. I'm not familiar with DeHaan. where would I find out more about them? George

Sidelock
Sidelock

You'll get what you pay for, at best. Best wishes with it and let us know how it works out.

> Jim Legg <

gjw Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

George, if you go to the shotgun world web site, DeHaan has its own forum and you can also get to his web site as well.

Good Luck!!

Greg

Gregory J. Westberg
MSG, USA
Ret
Sidelock
Sidelock

Have both A Dehaan SO and 2 CZ minis 20 and 28 ga. Dehaan is a nicer finished gun, mines a 12 that is used for waterfowl hunting after 3 or 4 years in the duck marsh it is still going strong. The CZs each have had about 700 rds through them with nary a problem, both CZs are Bobwhites as I prefer double triggers. For the money they have done me well so far.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.