Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Sidelock
Sidelock

I inquired early in November as to my 10-12-05 order, was told "that it has just gone into the shop, you should see it in 3 to 4 weeks, please fax your ship to FFL". That was 6 weeks ago. Thankfully Grouse season is open till the end of January. Christmas is almost here, I have a new pup due in about six weeks and the wife wrecked the car Monday morning. So I'm preoccupied, but when February rolls around there had better be a new RBL in the safe or it'll be canceled and put towards something else. Even if I do manage to actually receive this gun, I'll certainly never buy sight unseen again. A Cole Special....not a bad idea ! Merry Christmas everybody !!

Ray Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

A couple weeks shy of 15 months after my paid in full order, and still nothing. At this point I'm not holding out any hope of a delivery by Christmas. I havn't called to ask about a delivery date, and of course I havn't heard a peep out of CSM/Galazan. It's funny to me that when someone posts a critical comment about the long delay and lack of communication, someone almost always defends CSM/Galazan. Likewise, when people post about problems with a gun received, there is always someone willing to comment about how CSM fixes problems with their new RBLs propmtly, great customer service, etc. I can recall Ruger getting the S**T kicked out of them by some folks on this board and the SSM board when it took too long to bring the Gold Label to market, or how the wood to metal fit wasn't perfect on the GL or the wood was proud, etc, etc. It's funny how Ruger got beat up and down about issues with the Gold Label, but when it comes to the RBL, suddenly it's "well, it's a 2500 - 3000 shotgun, you can't expect it to be perfect". I will cancel my order at the end of the month, and I won't look back. With upgrades I spent almost 3500 on my RBL, and there are plenty of high quality guns on the market in the same price range. I'm sure that I'll get flamed for making critical comments, but there has to be a few folks out there who agree with me. There, now I've vented and I feel better.

Tom, You are welcome to look over my RBL and handle one before you cancel your order. I can meet you at the club or somewhere in town when you are in DuBois. Certainly not trying to show it off but I thought you would like to see one up close. Call me, I'm around most evenings or during the day in the office since deer season is over. I'm in the Yellow Pages. I hope your wife wasn't hurt in her accident! Joe Z.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Ray,

I am not far behind you. A couple of months ago when I was at CSMC I asked about my deposit order from 9/29/05 and I was told by Lou that they were delivering about 50 guns a week and that I could expect to here from them as early as the end of november. That was not the first time that I was told by CSMC that they wer going to deliver 50 guns per week either. If they are not even finished with Sept. & Oct. orders paid in full, then where does that leave the rest of us. I ordered mine with all of the bells and whistles so the price is over 4K. There are lots of guns that you can have for that kind of money.

Bill G.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Dr. Z, How did you manage to get yours first!! I'll take you up on that offer one of these days soon. The wife is a bit brusied but functional, much more than I can say for our dearly departed S-2000. Doing any good in the Grouse coverts? Flush rates are up in most of my favorite haunts. You and the family have a Great Holiday if I don't see you before.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Patience Guys! Patience!

You really haven't been waiting for 15 months, they told you up front that deliveries would start in (memory issue) April 2006? or was it May? Well, if it was April and it is now December that looks like 7 months to me. I called some time back and was told it was in the shop and that 3 to 4 weeks was likely for a shipping date. Then called again about 9 weeks later and got the same answer. Then 10 days later got the call from Carol and 5 days later picked up the RBL at my dealer's shop. Don't be so recent generation American here guys. Instant gratification isn't everything. Patience is a virtue and the anticipation is like the journey not the destination. I guess I am glad the Mrs. ordered mine when she did and not two weeks ago. They do handle nicely.

Hairy

This ain't Dodge City, and you ain't Bill Hickok!-Matthew Quigley
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Hairy Clipper
... Don't be so recent generation American here guys. Instant gratification isn't everything. ...

Hey now, at age 35 I am not sure which generation I fit into, but I will say that I guarantee that my grandfather and his buddies would not have stood quietly while getting brushed off by someone that had a bunch of their money. Don't think it is a generational thing. CSMC could garner all kinds of patience if only they would explain what they are up to and ask for it.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I think the delay is outrageous. Anyone who hasn't gotten a gun ordered before...say... 12/28/05 should cancel their order immediately.

FWIW - I was told four weeks ago that my order would would be ready March or April. I was told approx. one year at time of order so it'll be three to four months late if they don't fall further behind. As long as it's to me by September 2007 I really don't care. I think it's the guys that were expecting to shoot it this season who are most PO'd - somewhat understandably.

It looks to me, from order dates posted, that there were a lot of Sept./Oct. orders and a thinner number after the introduction.

Last edited by ViniferaVizslas; 12/15/06 10:34 AM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Tom,
Oooo-fa ! an S-2000 Glad the Mrs is OK.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I really couldn't care about the time outlay> I'm concerned about the quality. How would those who have received their RBL rate them? Wood to metal, metal to metal finish? How about the wood quality? I was comcerned when I ordered exhibition wood because on the video it didn't look like exhibition to me. When I called CSMC I was told it look better in life than on the computer. Is this a true story?

-Shoot Straight, IM
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.