Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 13 of 19 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 18 19
PM Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

George L.
You need to tone down the flash on your camera, it makes look like you have nickle plated the action on the Hussey. Does it have any cc left?

Sidelock
Sidelock

I missed the other barrels....looking again I see the action is polished maybe that's why the pictures shine ?

Originally Posted By: George L.

I got a bargain when I bought it & am passing the bargain on to someone who's smart enough to recognize it.

Best Regards, George

In other words you got it for a song and you want one of us to dance.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Here another H.J. Hussey Imperial on the market:

http://www.matchedpairs.com/display_single.php?GID=225&ID=5

Matched Pairs had several of them. I think they were all in the £5500-£7000 range.

http://www.matchedpairs.com/display_single.php?GID=222&ID=5

http://www.matchedpairs.com/display_single.php?GID=278&ID=5

This Harrison & Hussey is not what I would call a Best, but it's pretty close. Harrison & Hussey was a later incarnation on H.J. Hussey. This Hussey was H.J.'s son:

http://www.matchedpairs.com/display_single.php?GID=314&ID=5

This is an Ogden, Smith & Hussey, the final version of the Hussey line. This was H.J.'s son again:

http://www.fieldsportltd.com/gunroom/gun_view.php?gunId=504

A dealer in Colorado had a real nice one a year or two back. It was all original, 90% overall, cased, all the goodies. He wanted $12gs for it and it sold.

Nice guns. But they just don't bring the big bucks.

OWD

Last edited by obsessed-with-doubles; 06/09/09 02:24 PM.

Good Gun Alerts & more:

www.DogsandDoubles.com
Sidelock
Sidelock

NO, joe, IN OTHER WORDS I GOT IT AT A GOOD PRICE AND AM PASSING THAT GOOD PRICE ALONG. I HAVE A STANDARD MARK-UP ON ALL THE GUNS THAT I SELL AND, SO, IF I GET A GOOD DEAL MY BUYER GETS A GOOD DEAL. I DO MY BEST NOT TO OVERPAY ON ANY GUN THAT I BUY, WHETHER IT'S FOR MY PERSONAL COLLECTION OR NOT. I PRESENTLY HAVE A 311 FOR YOUR COLLECTION IF YOU WANT IT. BTW, I DON'T DANCE, BUT I DO SING.

BEST REGARDS, GEoRGE

To see my guns go to www.mylandco.com Select "SPORTING GUNS " My E-Mail palmettotreasure@aol.com
Sidelock
Sidelock

PM: My grandaughter does my posting & pictures. I'll let her know about the flash. The Hussey does have a little faded CC on the action.

Best Regards, George

To see my guns go to www.mylandco.com Select "SPORTING GUNS " My E-Mail palmettotreasure@aol.com
Sidelock
Sidelock

Palunc:
Here is a thought if you want to sell the gun any time soon. Look at the U.P. Classic Side by Side site for what dealers are attending. I think Atkin, Grant & Lang may be going to the show. I know other reputable dealers are. Have them take the gun up there on consignment. It will get good exposure with folks that have the wallets to write the check.

Pick one with a good smith so they can also resolve the barrel issue for you. That way even if it does not sell you will know exactly what you have and you can have an informed conversation with a buyer.

Folks here are for the most part only trying to help. There may be a buyer lurking on this site but you are not giving them enough information/pictures to even peak their interest.

Chicago Mike

Sidelock
Sidelock

Let me ask again: is the gun currently in proof?

Sidelock
Sidelock

the bottom line is you need 30k+usd to get good no issues second-hand purdey of good vintage. this item was designed and made for people who had/have everything else including but not limited to : villa in aspen, clearwater, luxury apt. on upper east side,...., rolls royce, jet,.... . money is simply no object. good luck.

PALUNC Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Yes the gun should be still in proof. I will try to take some better pictures this week and if I could e-mail them to someone to post that would be great.
I still beleive for the Hussey at 11K that is not a bad deal. I have seen guns in worse shape at higher prices.

Mike Proctor

Originally Posted By: PALUNC

I have seen guns in worse shape at higher prices.

So have I - and worth it with original barrels in good condition and in proof. An otherwise nice London best with replacement barrels by an unknown Birmingham maker just isn't a good example of a nice London best anymore. It's kinda like an otherwise perfect '65 Rolls Silver Cloud III with a Chevy 350 in it. It may be gorgeous, run great and be reliable, but it'll never be concours, nor will it ever be worth anywhere near concours price.

Quote:
I still beleive for the Hussey at 11K that is not a bad deal.

Then why post a question as to it's value? You're the owner of the gun, but you don't know for sure that it's still in proof, let alone if the barrels are original or not. Since you "beleive" that "so and so said" trumps a well - informed buyer, then perhaps you should sell it to "so and so".

"Serious rifles have two barrels, everything else just burns gunpowder."
Page 13 of 19 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 18 19

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.