May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
7 members (Karl Graebner, ClapperZapper, azgreg, 12boreman, Birdog, 1 invisible), 269 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,505
Posts545,560
Members14,417
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 19 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 18 19
Sidelock
Sidelock

Mike,
can you put up a picture of your gun?
Are the barrels sleeved like GZJ asked?

I agree if it looks like GJZ's and you have it set up to fit you I don't think your going to get any better.I was reading you back posts did you trade a couple Parker Repro's for it?If so even thou they have gone up you still made a nice trade.

Hillary For Prison 2018
PALUNC Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

No they are not sleeved. I am not even sure they are replacement. I had a friend who said they were because of the Birmingham Proof marks.
I wonder if the case came with the #1 gun? I find it hard to find a Hussey leather label.
I can e-mail pictures of my Hussey but do not know how to post pictures here. Anyway mine looks just like that one.

Mike Proctor
GJZ Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

The barrels on No.1 are 28'', London-proofed and numbered to the gun.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Our man just doesn't want a gun whipped-up by the trade - and no, the various forms of Hussey does not equal a Purdey.
Much like Wm. Evans I should think.
...but know this, your Hussey gun would be excepted at some uppity shoot, I hear some showed-up with W&C Scotts and got away with it!

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: PALUNC
I am not even sure they are replacement. I had a friend who said they were because of the Birmingham Proof marks.

PALUNC

Is the name and address engraved in the top rib of your barrels? I have a Hussey Imperial serial numbered 14213 which would be slightly earlier than your gun. "H. J. Hussey, Ltd., 81 New Bond Street, London" is engraved on the center of the top rib. I'm guessing that may not be the case on replaced barrels.

tim

Dustin says, "Today is a gift, Have Fun."
Sidelock
Sidelock

"accepted" LG not "excepted"

If #1 has London proof and 2 has Birmingham ones perhaps barrels have been replaced.

To post pictures Mike,and you should learn how if you want to sell a gun (or meet loose women )on the internet.
Its easy;
1st- Join a webhost site I use http://www.hunt101.com/index.php

2nd- upload your pictures-just like emailing them.

3rd- use the 3rd box from left,"enter image" in top of the reply box here,cut and paste the IMG link under the picture on the web-host site.
Thats it !

Hillary For Prison 2018
PALUNC Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

The rib is marked 88 Jermyn Street. If barrels were repaced then they either laid the old rib back on and re-cut the barrel bands.
What would be a fair value on my gun?
I would be interested to hear how GJZ came by the #1 gun. Seems he knows a lot about the previous owner. I wonder if all this was done recently or many years ago? I would think G&H would not break a pair.
Overall condition of my #2 is extremly nice.

Mike Proctor
GJZ Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

I found No.1 on Steven Cobb's table a few years ago while at the UP SxS Classic. While at the Southern, an acquaintance mentioned that he had owned a pair of Husseys and determined that my gun was part of that pair. He mentioned that No.2 did not have original barrels, though I don't recall whether he said sleeved or replaced. He lives near Raleigh and sold the guns to G&H. My gun's rib has the Jermyn Street address and like your gun, I suspect, has a remarkably pretty diamond grip.

PALUNC Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

OK lets put this thing to bed. First I would say thanks to all the comments. I have read them all and given some thought to everyone.
Second, thanks to GCZ for the information about the story of the Hussey's. I still think there is more to tell and I have a few more questions.
Now, I have decided not to go after the Purdey with the pitted barrels even though I respect the dealer and his opinion and even though they may be cleaned out and still be at 25 thous.I will look else where for another gun.I still beleive that in the 20K range there should be no issues to deal with.
Now to the people who would like to see #1 and #2 re-united, I want to sell and the other guy does not want to buy.It would be great to re-unite the two but such is the case for a lot of other pairs.
I will probablly post my Hussey on Gunbroker since I have some knowledge of how to post pictures there. I would still like to hear from GJZ on what value he may think mine may be worth. I have listened and watched this site many times before and have gotten some good advice from it.Thanks.
mikep@fac.unc.edu

Mike Proctor
Sidelock
Sidelock

You may have already said, but how long are your barrels? Does your gun have the diamond grip? What length of pull? If these are all good, then the only discount on your gun arises due to replacement or sleeved barrels. Is the gun in proof?

Page 9 of 19 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 18 19

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.