Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Sidelock
Sidelock

The rib on my Grade II Ugartechea is not matted. Like the RBL it has a concave rib.

Sidelock
Sidelock

99% of British and continental SxS game guns in GB have a swamped, tapered and un-matted rib.

Jonty

Sidelock
Sidelock

Let's see, Westley Richards, Lefever, H.A. Lindner, W.& C. Scott, Parker Brothers, McComas, Cogswell and Harrison, all smooth unmatted ribs. Some less expensive double guns such as Iver Johnson, Stevens, Winchester Model 24, were probably crudely matted or grooved because that was easier and less expensive than leveling an unmatted rib.

Sidelock
Sidelock

The ribs of BSS sidelock were not matted. AyA no. 2 rib not matted but some squiggles at the breech. Ancient Flues 4E factory swamp rib? You guessed it, not matted. Did Conn. Shotgun spec a matting option or did you assume it would be? Number 1 among the reasons, given my immense talent for taking my own ideas and previous experience for granted, that I prefer to see the firestick B4IBUY. The distinction between bespoke and cookie cutter potluck also appears to be regaining some strength among the "devout". The one thing that prevents this gun from being a production gun is the missed window of production. Are they making their 30 per month? Sad to see the funereal atmosphere on ground where so may pep rallys have been held. However, I can now hold my own party: Coming to your consignment rack soon--the fabulous RBL!

jack

Sidelock
Sidelock

Heck, I just paid to have the rib unmatted, swamped (as much as possible) and polished on a Sterlingworth 20g custom project I'm doing. I love that look!

Sidelock
Sidelock

Quote:
Are they making their 30 per month?

And that, my friend, is the $64,000 question. I asked it, along with "how many orders are in front of mine?". The response: "We don't comment on current or future production volume". The second question was ignored.

My interperetation of the answer: "It's none of your business when you'll get the product you've already paid in full more than a year ago. We'll get to you when we get to you. Just leave your $2,900+ in our bank account until then. Or, if you don't like it, you can cancel your order."

My response: I cancelled my order. I may have been willing to wait for a realistic delivery date, even if it were distant, but I'm not willing to put up with being given "the brush off" when they've got a lot of my money (to me, anyway) in the bank.

Like the 28 Ga? Check it out:

28 Ga. Society
Sidelock
Sidelock

Bob Blair has the right idea. When involved in a custom project, the most heartbreaking roadblock is a well worn part that can't easily be made whole by a competent gunsmith or engraver. The best thing to do with a worn, pitted, abused, or poorly refinished matted rib is to file it smooth, real smooth.

Sidelock
Sidelock

JC,
No chance for a Christmas delivery here, but Q1 07 is looking good according to the Oracle of New Britain.

I've called twice in 12 months, once to modify my order to double triggers (www.gunshop.sandbox influenced ) and last week for a status check.

JayCee Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Patience is the name of the game. And a little more patience if you dare call!

JC(AL)

"...it is always advisable to perceive clearly our ignorance."ť Charles Darwin
Sidelock
Sidelock

People have been reporting problems with their RBLs. Makes me wonder if it is worth the wait? maybe yank the money and get a custom Beretta from Cole Gun?

-Shoot Straight, IM
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.