May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
5 members (Karl Graebner, claydog, bushveld, Tom Shaffer, prairie ghost), 318 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,522
Posts545,776
Members14,419
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
James M Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Quote:
"All of you BHO (lets protect pheasant hunters) supporters, work with me on this one, read on"

Brian I hope you realize I wasn't be serious about not caring about pheasant hunters as I'm one myself. My point is that if all you care about are pheasant hunters the grabbers will eventually got around to you after they've disarmed everyone else.
Jim

The 2nd Amendment IS an unalienable right.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: italiansxs
Quote:
"All of you BHO (lets protect pheasant hunters) supporters, work with me on this one, read on"

Brian I hope you realize I wasn't be serious about not caring about pheasant hunters as I'm one myself. My point is that if all you care about are pheasant hunters the grabbers will eventually got around to you after they've disarmed everyone else.
Jim

Jim,
Yes, I know. My point of using that quote is that so many "gun owners and hunters" use that type of comment to show they are reasonable gun owners and seperate themselves from "evil right wing, gun owning religious zealots" that are clinging to an ancient document that is as they like to say "a living document that can be adjusted as needed."

Last edited by Brian; 05/01/09 03:23 AM.

Brian
LTC, USA Ret.
NRA Patron Member
AHFGCA Life Member
USPSA Life Member

Brian #146046 05/01/09 06:57 AM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Very good, Brian. Very good, indeed. And, thanks for your service. Hope you are home safe and soon.

Mike Covington #146058 05/01/09 09:14 AM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Gentlemen,

It's nice to read a civil and reasoned discourse on the subject. I don't see mob panic, in shops or at shows. What I do see and hear on my 'Net travels, is a fierce determination that the individual in this country will not be subject to mob rule in favor of the lowest common political denominator.

That denominator may be ordinary criminals,thriving in an increasingly 'thug friendly' environment. Or, it may be a government in power, which wishes to mask economic and cultural decay, resulting from the cumulative generational philosophies of it's party policies.

However, the uniquely American viewpoint remains, after seven or so generations, that a Government is a limited entity, which may not have power over basic human rights. The foremost right one has is the right to self-defense, individually and as in a voluntary union. The Second Amendment has, in true legal fact, it's roots as a Right of Obligation.

No other country on earth has had this Right formalized in it's fundamental documents and founder's personal philosophies.

I do believe that the buying being seen and reported upon, is indirect response to the legislative record, well documented as widespread and of long duration, within the new administration. This not made-up propaganda, nor cited as an inflammatory fact. It is simply a reality, as is the public reaction to such, which crosses party lines.

It may be difficult to apprehend this national outlook from abroad. Even with the best of intentions and unlimited time, how can one express the historical and cultural heritage regarding the right to own ourselves, that is made implicit in the 2A?

It's true that there are unprecedented and quality resources to learn on the 'Net. Gunscholar.org provides a good place to start, for the inquiring mind from abroad. But, a few hours of reading is no substitute for having lived that Right.

How can one comprehend a society, as so much of America still is, where gun ownership was as casual and non-threatening as having any other agricultural or recreational tool? In fact, historically, gun use and ownership among all classes was not out of the ordinary. Nor did it require any one's permission, save in a few urban zones.

I don't know if this will add to the International confusion, or not. However, it is apparent that a good many Americans are reacting to the widespread proposed legislation concerning this issue. 'The people' are expressing their vision of possible futures, by their present expenditures.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now, I need to find cyber-savvy folks, who can contribute time and expertise. If one wishes to step up to a line in the sand, now is the time. You are needed.

Please...please...please; I am not ashamed to put it so -- check in here.
See Terri, the Webmaster, and she'll fill you in on 'vacancies'.
http://secondamendmentforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=287#p1233

Relax; we're all experts here.
JohnM #146067 05/01/09 10:46 AM
Sidelock
Sidelock

The political vote is a powerful tool. The vote of money spent is at least equally powerful, but often overlooked. Every dollar spent votes for or against some thing, some time, some place, some body, some idea. The current expendatures on guns and ammo by first time buyers is a very strong vote that all is not well and comforting with the new administration. The "hopee, changee thing" has left a lot of very uncomfortable citizens in its wake.

Rocketman #146150 05/01/09 09:50 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

I bought some 7.62x39 ammo at a flea market yesterday. The kid said he no longer needed it as he had just sold his SKS through a local shopper paper. He also said he doubled his money on the SKS and should have asked more because his phone is still ringing off the hook. It would be nice if all these folks who can afford inflated prices for guns and ammo could spare a few bucks for an NRA membership. I'm an Endowment Lifer. I put my money where my mouth is.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.