May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
6 members (eeb, Bob Jurewicz, Borderbill, sharptailmontana, Tim Wolf, 1 invisible), 298 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,520
Posts545,745
Members14,419
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 11 of 24 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 23 24
#141 07/18/06 11:30 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

I too would order 1000. Has anyone stepped up to the plate for the accounting.

Jerry

PS Tinker, Thanks agian for the offer of your dog. I lost your PM so I couldn't respond directly to you.

#142 07/19/06 10:02 AM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Tinker
The only thing I don't like about the white is after a while they will look so dirty from handling and reloading them but if that is the color I still in.OMO
Pete

#143 07/19/06 12:44 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

I'm new to this forum and have been directed here by fellow 16 Gauge Society members. Is someone from this forum actually collecting committment ($) to create an order from Graf's for paper 16's? If so, please let me know what I have to do.

I talked to Mike at Graf's yesterday, thinking he might have an order in process but found out he does not. Mike sees the interest out there, and seems very willing to satisfy it. However, he has nothing going on with paper 16's now. He is currently assessing the market to see if he should inventory paper 16's as an offering in his store. No matter who orders, it would be at least a year before any hulls show up, such is the situation with manufacturing response to such a small order (50,000 min) in a low production gauge. It seems Mike has already supplied a bunch of 65mm paper 16's to shotshell manufacturers. He also reports the only color available is black. He also says users should strongly consider case length before order, citing difficulties trimming paper vs. plastic,

I suggest those interested in paper 16's call or e-mail Mike at Graf's and show interest and possibly committment. If interest is sufficient, my guess is he will place an order and sell them retail.

If someone in this forum really is collecting committment to order, I'm interested in 1000 hulls. My color preference is Blue, then green, then red. I prefer no writing on the hulls. Primed is good. For length, my first preference is 65mm, otherwise, 70mm (2 3/4") would do.

#144 07/19/06 01:55 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

I still like blue or purple if poky dots are out.
WHITE? I shoot in the snow and sometimes drop stuff.

BD
#145 07/19/06 02:12 PM
Tinker Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Mike has indeed fielded quite a few calls about this since I started this thread.

In short, there isn't an order form at grafandsons
This thread is a conversation discussing interest in sixteen bore paper hulls.
We're discussing the nature of our interest and there are quite a few notes from individuals that they want 16b paper hulls of *right now* manufacture.

I have spoken with Mike.
He and I have been discussing this. Read the entire thread and you'll see that we (the group of consumers interested in paper 16b hulls) are on the verge of organizing our money and committment so as to hand over a bulk order to Mike for a custom order of 50,000(at least, mabye more...) 16b paper hulls.

Mike doesn't necessarily want to stock this item, but he's starting to consider doing so.
If he does, expect to pay at least twice what we're looking to get these hulls for via this bulk order.

As for color... heck, I'm not even going to address that at this point as it's just not an issue at all any way you look at it, where we're at right now is standing in the space of needing to organize our intent to purchace and our money.

Length?
Cutting a paper hull is another complete non-issue as far as I'm concerned. Order them as long as the longest standard chambers out there and trim as needed. No rocket science there at all.

As much as I want this to happen, I really don't want to end up in a management snafu just to get some hulls.
Too much interface with Mike Graf may well kill his interest in providing us with the opportunity to get such a deal on these hulls.

--Tinker

Quote:
Originally posted by shootingsioux:
I'm new to this forum and have been directed here by fellow 16 Gauge Society members. Is someone from this forum actually collecting committment ($) to create an order from Graf's for paper 16's? If so, please let me know what I have to do.

I talked to Mike at Graf's yesterday, thinking he might have an order in process but found out he does not. Mike sees the interest out there, and seems very willing to satisfy it. However, he has nothing going on with paper 16's now. He is currently assessing the market to see if he should inventory paper 16's as an offering in his store. No matter who orders, it would be at least a year before any hulls show up, such is the situation with manufacturing response to such a small order (50,000 min) in a low production gauge. It seems Mike has already supplied a bunch of 65mm paper 16's to shotshell manufacturers. He also reports the only color available is black. He also says users should strongly consider case length before order, citing difficulties trimming paper vs. plastic,

I suggest those interested in paper 16's call or e-mail Mike at Graf's and show interest and possibly committment. If interest is sufficient, my guess is he will place an order and sell them retail.

If someone in this forum really is collecting committment to order, I'm interested in 1000 hulls. My color preference is Blue, then green, then red. I prefer no writing on the hulls. Primed is good. For length, my first preference is 65mm, otherwise, 70mm (2 3/4") would do.

#146 07/20/06 11:20 AM

Tinker,
sorry for the delayed response. my adversion to black is simply asthetics and avoiding 12 and 20 colors. preference would be blue or purple, but color is way down on my list.
just getting paper hulls would be a wonderful thing in itself.
would like to up my stake to 1500 for record keeping purposes.
Rgds
Fred

#147 07/20/06 03:43 PM
Tinker Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Thanks Fred-

I'm not really sure what direction to take this thing.

I've heard a lot of cursing about PayPal on this list.
Seems they're pretty darn anti-gun

Is there some other site we can use to organize funds where the tracking and accounting would be visible to everyone, making sure all concerned can feel good about banking a hundred or two bucks for this cause?
Might there be a venue where we can actually earn some interest on our little pile of money, doing so making our contribution to the charity cause a little sweeter?

--Tinker

#148 07/20/06 06:35 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Why can't we just pay Graf's individually? I'm sure he has Quickbooks or Peachtree or some other accounting software that is capable of receiving funds from multiple customers on an invoice, until it is paid in full, at which time he places the order. People could pay him by check so he wouldn't have to eat the 2 or 3% credit card processing fee. It doesn't seem that difficult to me. If he doesn't want to go through that, then he must not want the business very badly.

Imagination is everything. - Einstein
#149 07/20/06 07:14 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

If we can decide to do this with PayPal, I will volunteer to handle that end. I know paypal, I have had a PayPal account for 3 or 4 years and it has always worked for me. I will set up PayPal account in whatever name we decide to call it, (this can take up to 3-4 weeks), the money can collect in the account, I will get automatic receipts and so will the people that pay into the account. I see two problems with using PayPal. #1 they will charge 2-3% to use it. #2 whoever we need to pay the money to will have to take PayPal, or I will have to withdraw the money and write a check or buy a money order.

#150 07/20/06 08:53 PM
Tinker Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

marklart is right.

Mike Graf doesn't want the business very badly...
:rolleyes:
Look.
It's like this.

Mike is offering to do us all a favor by getting a minimum order together to the manufacturer *AND* offer us the price of TEN CENTS A HULL via ONE BULK ORDER.

Once we get Mike Graf's accounting, warehousing, and distribution infrastructure involved the cost doubles.
That's if he ends up wanting to stock 16b paper hulls.
For a guy like Mike Graf, fifty thousand hulls isn't much. He orders reloading components by units of MILLIONS.

He's being a right dandy and helpful fellow by offering us the opportunity to
--Pay for and order, ONE BULK PALLET of hulls *On A Special Order Basis* With One Payment, then Get It Out Of His Hair at the dime per hull price.

If he's got to hold the hands of fifty or more guys who all want to speak up for their assumed right to color choice, length, and brass height -- and printed with whatever plasm they feel appropriate for this purpose -- in Gold print because their pastor's wife said it should be that way or something like that...

...Do you really think he's going to want to deal with it?

I don't, and in my last telephone conversation with him he said that if he had to handle each and every purchacer it'd quickly go to his choice of color, length, and brass height (that's where the notion of the color Black came from, by the way...)
And the price would double in a hot second.

And that's if he feels like stocking them.

I hope some of that makes sense.

And Casper, I'm on with the money if you want to handle the paypal account.
Might want to wait a moment here to see if there are enough guys who'd be into going with paypal to make it happen.
I have no reservation whatsoever.
I just want some darn 16b paper hulls of current manufacture.

--Tinker

Page 11 of 24 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 23 24

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.