May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
1 members (Argo44), 217 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,547
Posts546,170
Members14,423
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Sidelock
Sidelock

Very interesting.
Russian gun expert, writer and scientist Buturlin noted Ludwig Wundhammer was one of the best American gunmakers.

Geno.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Interesting information, I have never gone after E or Otto when looking for Ludwig information. I have nothing on anyone but Ludwig but will share what I think might help in your search for the other's info.

I may not have made a copy of the census report on him but remember his father was from Holland??? I'll try to go over what I have and post what I can when I can.

MP Sadly Deceased as of 2/17/2014

Sidelock
Sidelock

Sidelock
Sidelock

1910 United States Federal Census
Name: Ludwig Wundhammer
Age in 1910: 56
Estimated Birth Year: abt 1854
Birthplace: Austria
Relation to Head of House: Head
Father's Birth Place: Holland
Mother's Birth Place: Austria
Spouse's Name: Louise
Home in 1910: Los Angeles Assembly District 75, Los Angeles, California
Marital Status: Married
Race: White
Ludwig Wundhammer 56
Louise Wundhammer 51

Sidelock
Sidelock

Michael,

You probably have this one.

Los Angeles, California City Directories, 1888-90
Name: Ludwig Wundhamer
Location 2: 27 West York
Business Name: H. Slotterbeck
Year: 1888
City: Los Angeles
State: CA

Pete

Sidelock
Sidelock

Pete, Thanks, yes I have that but don't let that stop you from looking for more. New information is always welcome.

Boxlock
Boxlock

Michael, have you had a chance to look at my E. Wundhamer referenced in this thread? Since you are the apparent expert on Wundham(m)er, I would like to know what your thoughts are on the one I have.

Thanks,

Perry G.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: perry g.
Michael, have you had a chance to look at my E. Wundhamer referenced in this thread? Since you are the apparent expert on Wundham(m)er, I would like to know what your thoughts are on the one I have. Thanks, Perry G.

First let me say that I know nothing about E. Wundhammer and until jani had put the pieces of the puzzle together I did not know he was L's brother. Reguarding your shotgun, I think it's very interesting and because of it much has been learned about the Wundhammer family roots. It appears to be a mid level shotgun and shows nice workmanship. Very few people know about or collect Ludwig Wundhammer rifles in American. For all practical purposes he was a man that in his day was considered one of the best custom gunmakers in America. Ludwig Wundhammer was rediscovered by the public about thirteen years ago so there are a few people who know about him now. You have already spent some time learning that no one knows of E. Wundhammer or his work. It's a interesting shotgun to me because of the family connection. I suspect that the value would be about what any European shotgun of the same workmanship would bring by an "Unknown" maker. Does this help?

Boxlock
Boxlock

Michael, Thank you for the time you've spent on this matter. I thought that based on your knowledge of L. Wundhammer, (brother of E. Wundhamer) you would be the one that would have more information about the family.

As far as the value, that is not as important as the history.

Thanks again,

Perry G.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.