May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
4 members (CJF, L. Brown, David Williamson, earlyriser), 336 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,531
Posts545,926
Members14,420
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

If so, how were you treated and how close to their retail price did they pay? Have a computerless friend with boxes of internals for older doubles, will help him sort them out as to make, model and gauge (schematics help)and possibly ship them off-they supposedly send you a check based on their needs and estimates, you can cash it, or return the check uncashed and they return the parts. Do you need a FFL or C&R to send a stripped receiver to a FFL dealer-distributor like Numrich? Thanks--Foxie

"The field is the touchstone of the man"..
Sidelock
Sidelock

About 20 years ago I shipped them a heavy box of parts. I figured they gave me 30 to 40% of what they were worth. Also they were to pay the shipping,($20.00 plus), I had to write them several times to get paid. Never again, try Gunbroker, I think you will be happier. Just my 2 cents worth.....Bill

Sidelock
Sidelock

yep gunbroker........

Sidelock
Sidelock

I once tried this and was astonished at how little they were willing to pay; simply not worth the trouble (and I LIKE Numrich's used to browse there every few weeks when I lived in upstate NY...). I sell parts on http://www.gunboards.com--no fee; nice guys. Or http://www.calguns.net if you are in the (formerly solvent) Golden State.

Sidelock
Sidelock

As to the needing a C&R or FFL question,
first a C&R IS a FFL its a 03 FFL,a dealer FFL is a 01.

The sender does not need a FFL to ship a reciever (or gun) however the reciving end does need one.

Hillary For Prison 2018
Sidelock
Sidelock

Foxy:

GunBroker...Numrich won't pay you anywhere near what the real value is.....they are in business to 'make' money, not 'spread the wealth around'............

Best,

Doug

Sidelock
Sidelock

you are better off being their "pain in the ass" by selling your parts on GB or some other venue....

gunut
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Thanks gunnut- You and the other gents have confirmed what I told my friend Alan-we'll sort out, clean up (Hoppe's, 0000 steel wool and elbow grease) the parts and check them against schematics, serial numbers and see what's what- My guess- mostly Crescent, Knickerbocker, Black Beauty, Iver John Champion stuff-Alan's a farm boy=- never threw out anything in his life-told me as a kid his Dad kept the old heavy burnt out spark plugs from the Ford 4 bangers-why? Well there were several deep ponds on the farm near Chillacothe- great for catfish- that are bottom fish- so we used the old plugs for sinkers- if you broke one off-no big loss- Wonder where Midway (Larry Potterfield) and Brownell's get their parts for older guns from however-anyone shed any light on that, I'd be curious to know-and thanks again for the fine replies- Fox

Last edited by Run With The Fox; 03/29/09 12:21 AM.

"The field is the touchstone of the man"..
Sidelock
Sidelock

I don't recommend you sell to them, but I can't consider them a 'big corporation out to screw the little guy' just because they don't pay a lot.

First, no one is forcing you to sell to them. I consider your local property tax authority an example of a big corporation out to screw the little guy, but not a gun parts house.

Second, keep in mind they have to lay out the cash up front then sit on all the junk you sold them waiting for someone to come along wanting it. They will also have to pay inventory tax on it if it's still around at the end of the year.

If they really paid 40% of what something is 'worth' I think that's pretty generous.

Sidelock
Sidelock

This sort of reminds me of the guys walking around a gun show with a firearm for sale and expecting to get a retail price for it. If I,or most anyone else attending, wanted to pay retail for a gun we'd go to a gun store and buy it.
IMO: Anyone with parts to sell would do much better on one of the online auction sites.
Jim

The 2nd Amendment IS an unalienable right.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.