April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
4 members (Ted Schefelbein, skeettx, eeb, 1 invisible), 648 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,468
Posts545,141
Members14,409
Most Online1,271
4 hours ago
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Sidelock
Sidelock

"The sky is falling! The sky is falling!" said Chicken Little to Fox. Fox said "Come over here Chicken Little and I will give you a helmet." Chicken Little shouldn't have listened to Fox.

Originally Posted By: Grouse Guy

Also, as chummy as schoolyard intimidation and book burning may make some of you feel, perhaps you should read some of the scientific reports rather than just snipe at the messenger?

How about someone trying to slander and intimidate a tradesman because he publicly disputed a view held by the imtimidator.

http://www.doublegunshop.com/forums/ubbt...true#Post105489

And I tried to read them but the link didn’t work. Didn’t see the address below it.

Mike

Last edited by AmarilloMike; 03/05/09 12:57 PM.

I am glad to be here.
Sidelock
Sidelock

As a writer, I get a lot of press releases. Several months back. I got a press release from the Wildlife Federation saying they had studies that showed how dangerous lead was and how it contaminated meat of game animals. I emailed the sender back and requested the data, the email was never answered. I requested it 3 times.

No matter what your politics are, whether you are truly concerned about the environment or not, I can assure you that these people are more intersted in raising money and keeping their high paying non profit organization jobs than anything else and will say anything. They thrive on misinformation. The studies they cite are outcome based. They are not out to save animals, they are in it for the money and to put shooters, fishermen and hunters out of the field.

If you only have classic Purdeys or your closet is full of AKS semi autos makes no difference to them. They won't rest untill they have milked every dime out of the issue.

Dick Jones

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Hello Dick:

I believe you are probably mistaken.

If not, show us either the press release, or the email address of the person with the "wildlife federation" you attempted to contact.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I am not mistaken.

After the third request, I wrote the story I was working on using real studies and deleted the post. I no longer would use the Wildlife Federation as a source and only read their releases for entertainment value.

Who do the authors of your study work for?

Dick

Sidelock
Sidelock

Found it I found an email I had sent to her requesting the study. The email was deleted but the sender was Mary Burnette <burnette@nwf.org> my last request was on OCt 24 2008 I never got a response. Here is my sent message:

A while back, you made an statement about the toxicity to lead. Did you ever get that data I asked about?

Best, Dick

Mary Burnette <burnette@nwf.org>

Last edited by Dick Jones otp; 03/05/09 02:10 PM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Gentlemen,I am a devout opponent of the Greenies.Here in Shropshire at a place called Minsterley we have been mining Lead since Roman times.There is no evidence of lower IQ's in this area or an increase of carcenagenic related deaths.In fact Darwin was born and bred less than seven miles away, Houseman wrote his poetry a mile up the hill.We also used to have a lead acid battery main manufacturer and their employees are not dropping like flies.
So once again I plead
SHOW ME THE SCIENTIFIC EVIDENCE not the bullshit for your degree thesis.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Grouse Guy, Hello... Hello.....

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Dear Dick:

You have gotten yourself all confused somehow.

I'm not sure what the press release said, because I've never seen it, and you can't find it.

But to my knowledge, NWF has not anytime in the last decade conducted a study on lead toxicity in hunter's diets or wildlife, but many others have.

See 50+ studies at http://www.peregrinefund.org/Lead_conference/2008PbConf_Proceedings.htm

Read them, and report back! Can't wait to hear from you.

Ben

Sidelock
Sidelock

Montana Ben/Grouse Guy

I don't think I'm confused.

You never answered my question about who the guys who compiled your report work for. By the way, who do you work for?

My name is Dick Jones, a sample of my writing can be seen at offtheporchmedia.com

What's your name?

Last edited by Dick Jones otp; 03/05/09 05:56 PM.
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Dick:

My name is at the top of this thread. And we haven't written or compiled a report. You still confused, or maybe on the bottle already tonight?

NWF hasn't issued a press release on lead in the last year, your suggestion you got one from Mary Burnette was characterized as "baloney". But we are about to.

What are you shooting all those ducks with in your stories? Lead? Or are they just stories?

I'm still waiting for your report to us after you read all (some? any?) of the science provided.

Regards,
Ben

Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.