April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
6 members (Sandlapper, eeb, Jimmy W, Jtplumb, Ted Schefelbein, bushveld), 304 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,463
Posts545,039
Members14,409
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 11 1 2 7 8 9 10 11
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

On a couple of the more radical bbs I haunt, they talk about plants and mind you, not the common garden variety.
These "plants" will present sensible opposition to the main thrust and interest of the board.
I should think Will, has noted all this and more on his anti this'n that message board.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Well,we all know what registration led to in Canada and the UK.They decided you did not need the guns any more and legislated them away.When my government decides they are afraid for their citizens to be armed it's time for a different government.The social planners want a nation of people who do what they are told and don't have the means or the will to resist the "new order" that they deem is good for society as a whole.The population explosion is making it more and more difficult for the relatively few in power to control the general populace.The "10%" used to mean much less in sheer "force" than it does now,take the 10% of a billion Muslims that are extremist sympathetic as an example.A relatively few, armed and resolute,can make it very difficult to control large areas,urban and rural.I understand wanting to have compliance with the laws by all,but I also understand we have a Constitution that gives us rights that they can't take away without resistance of some sort.Sooner or later we are going to have to come to terms with the lawlessness in this country,from citizens and from illegals.I don't think circumventing the 2nd amendment is the way to do it.

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

In this day and time, "lawlessness," could be after your last paycheck. If this downward trend is not stopped, and soon, the torch and pitchfork crowd will be going through your kitchen pantry and taking your last can of soup.
...and perhaps then, grandpa's ol'shotgun will be your last line of defense.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Well........I don't believe the constitution gives any American the right to be armed. The constitution, and the second amendment specifically, GUARANTEES that that right, which is not given by other men but a higher power, will never be altered. It is very good for a government to be just a little afraid of their citizens.

Only fearful people or those who desire control of others could have any issue with that right. People who are positive, upbeat, outgoing and enthusiastic for life understand that this and other inherent human rights exist and should be encouraged.

Sidelock
Sidelock

We've still got our guns. The problem is the gun registry, result of a couple massacres that seem to plaque countries everywhere. The shooting sports campaigned to remove the registry. The Conservative governing minority has promised to do so. The Conservatives here have been as wacky as conservatives there so we're crossing our fingers. Canadians thought of registration of handguns since 1932 as reasonable but the gun registry is seen for what it is: an egregious expense that does nothing for public safety. It has taken the heart out of sportsmen whose numbers decline yearly. Canada decided to register long guns; it did not legislate them away.

Sidelock
Sidelock

once again,
big difference between America and Canada
http://www.panda.com/canadaguns/
1)There is no Right to Keep and Bear Arms in Canada
2) they did lose their guns;
" Note too the 1,127,372 firearms "exported, destroyed, deactivated, or removed"; this is the source of the recent very nice supply of highly-collectable classic firearms at American gun shows!"
3)Here is a partial list;
handguns in caliber .25 or .32, except certain specifically listed competition handguns which are restricted
silencers
large capacity magazines for a semi-automatic center-fire firearm. What constitutes "large capacity" varies; as a general rule, the maximum capacity is 5 rounds for long guns, 10 rounds for handguns "commonly found in Canada", and 5 rounds for handguns "not commonly found in Canada." Magazines for rimfire cartridges, the 8-round clips used in the M1 Garand, and 10 round Lee Enfield rifle magazines are exempted by name from this prohibition.
any of a long list of firearms specifically listed as prohibited. With few exceptions, if it has a remotely military appearance, it is prohibited.

Now to Will S
registration will always lead to confiscation.and your wrong,you are indeed the enemy has you will NOT stand up for the rights of gunowners just like B Hussien.
BTW here is what the "community oganizer in chief" that you voted for thinks is "reasonable"
http://www.rightpundits.com/?p=2322

1994 to 2001 - Obama was on the board of the anti-gun Joyce Foundation. This foundation is the largest funding source for radical anti-gun groups in the country.
1996 - Obama supported a ban on the manufacture, sale and possession of handguns.
1999 - Obama proposed a 500 percent increase in the excise taxes on firearms and ammunition. This tax would effectively punish gun owners for buying guns and ammunition.
2003 - Obama voted in support of legislation that would have banned privately owned hunting shotguns, target rifles and black powder rifles in Illinois.
2004 - Obama voted against legislation intended to protect homeowners from prosecution in cases where they used a firearm to halt a home invasion.

Remember those who sold us out they are NOT fellow gun owners !

Last edited by Dave K; 03/04/09 12:03 PM.

Hillary For Prison 2018
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Will S.
Brian --
I simply feel that to lump all gun control legislation into one unacceptable boxlot is both short sighted and counter-productive. The best way to express this are quotes from a McIntosh column on this exact subject: "There are no simple answers to complex questions. The real answer lies somewhere in the middle, where it's hard to hear the voices of reason because of so much hysterical shrieking ..." "Nothing is ever as simple as the lunatic fringes would have it be."
And then too, not all who disagree with you are your enemy. You asked what specifically I would support or cite. Difficult question in detail. I'm not much in favor of automatic weapons.
Will

WILL S....NEW YORK:

Kind of like saying that "I don't like 21' boats, but 19' and 22' are o.k...??? According to your comments and quotes, the fringe people are lunatics...??

We collect antique machine guns, water cooled aircraft Vicker's mainly from WWI, ...legal licensed, love to shoot them, collect them etc.......
So in your mind this is out because you had some experience in Harlem, or whatever, or you just don't like them, or see any use for avid collectors of automatic weapons etc. or want anyone else having them.......????.... Punish the criminal, NOT THE GUN OWNER..!
In your infinite wisdom, this indeed creates a problem....once you limit one gun with a broad paint brush, you create restrictions that cannot be removed....
CAN YOU SEE THIS SIR ????

Based on what you have written here, and how you voted, it appears that you did not study Obama as you should have before you voted...that is quite evident....or mabe you are just NOW backing up after realizing the HUGE mistake you have made... ???... Most likely, you are just a Bush hater, and jumped from a low heat pan into a MASSIVE INFERNO, ---I.E. your previous comments about complete sentences...????

Regards,

Doug

Sidelock
Sidelock

Some of you guys amaze me. It's just like hunters saying they think trapping is wrong. Or that they don't believe in dove hunting, or running deer with dogs, or hunting bears over bait.

If one gun is outlawed then it's only a matter of time before another one is until we're left with nothing. When this sort of crap comes up I always use one of my favorite quotes from Ben Franklin:

"We must, indeed, all hang together, or most assuredly we shall all hang separately."

Even if you don't like them they're still guns, give these people an inch and they'll take a mile in time.....

Destry

Out there at the crossroads molding the devil's bullets. - Tom Waits
Sidelock
Sidelock

Words of wisdom Destry from "Uncle Ben", who also wisely counselled a younger man to have his affairs with older experienced ladies-. The part about hunters giving trappers a "cold shoulder" or vice versa is right on the $. Just like the bow hunter who threatened to shoot my pal's Brittany in Oct. as the "dog was scaring off the deer he wanted to kill", albiet this was State land the the grouse and woodcock seasons were also open. When we become so "channeled" in our thinking that we forget the other guy who also likes to be outdoors, perhaps in a different venue that you or I might, we are headed down that long slippery slope-and we are playing right into the "antis", all they have to do is sit back and support PETA, GreenPeace, The Brady Bill Bunch and Obama and his new "stooge" at the BATF and we will self-destruct. Available land for upland hunting is shrinking, the waterfowling regs get more complex, our DNR tried the "brilliant idea" of color-coding the open seasons on the trout and salmon rivers- great, except for the few that are color-blind. "We have met the enemy and we be he" Ben didn't say that, Walt kelly did with POGO- but the words are ringin' true. RWTF

"The field is the touchstone of the man"..
Sidelock
Sidelock

Will S.....Mr Schefelbein pretty much put you in your place! But, what the hell; I'll pile on anyway.........
"aren't ready to paint a bullseye on my back...."
You assumed the position of wearing a bullseye on your back, when you shrugged into your Leftist tee shirt.
"and there are legitimate arguments to be made in support of those who advocate other approaches or who disagree with the majority view of this board."
No, their aren't ANY legitimate arguments.....That was the point of my original e-mail. ( Another bumpersticker: )What part of 'The right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed' don't you understand??????
"We should be able to disagree without being disagreeable."
No! When you are dead wrong, you don't get to disagree....
This ain't no high school debating class. Your 1st Amendment rights are not worth the paper they are printed on; without my 2nd Amendment rights to guarantee them.
You gave an e-mail addy in your profile that don't work. And I gave you my number, and you declined to call me.......You must be rather unsure of your position on gun rights.... Grant.

Page 9 of 11 1 2 7 8 9 10 11

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.