May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
4 members (Guy Ave, cable, Warren A, 1 invisible), 437 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,500
Posts545,479
Members14,414
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Boxlock
Boxlock

Lowell,

What exactly is this list? I'd like to see it.

Thaknd,

Jij

Sidelock
Sidelock

The article posted below is from the Arizona Game & Fish Department. Now what General Motors needs to do is get the Obama man to announce that what we need are "Sensible" laws in regards to the availability of V8 engines.
Jim

Increased firearms sales set a positive trend
for upcoming outdoor events in Arizona

PHOENIX – The recent reports of increased firearms and ammunition sales across the nation set a positive note for upcoming shooting events and outdoor shows in Arizona despite the nation’s challenging economic downturn, said Arizona Game and Fish Department officials.

According to the National Shooting Sports Foundation, firearms sales in the nation jumped 28.8 percent in January, for a variety of reasons.

In addition, Winchester previously announced that ammunition sales were up 18 percent in the last quarter of 2008 compared to the previous year.

According to CNNMoney.com recently, there was an 11-percent increase during January of single-day campground reservations over last year, indicating outdoor recreation remains hugely popular even in this economy.

At the recent SHOT Show in Florida, which is the annual retail trade show for those in the outdoor industry, attendance increased 3 percent this year.

“Yes, economic times are tough and it’s obvious that lots of people are facing

The 2nd Amendment IS an unalienable right.
Sidelock
Sidelock

I'll guarantee, their ultimate list includes your air rifle and sling shot.

Last edited by Patriot USA; 02/24/09 10:17 AM.

Don't sacrifice the future on the altar of today
Sidelock
Sidelock

Jim's and Patriot's messages, back-to-back, are interesting. One cites unprecedented interest in guns and ammunition; the other a guarantee of complete confiscation. The question I have is where do the people live who are doing the buying? Recreation or home defence, and for what reasons?

I ask because I've always thought the resistance to guns and the shooting sports generally came from the cities, where country people flock because of limited opportunities. Cities have the majority votes which make laws that militate against the interests of most of us here.

My community of fishermen and farmers who embraced hunting ducks and deer now reflects city demographics on the clear evidence that the only person who hunts on our 10km road leading to the sea is an old guy who leaves before daylight in a boat with a big black dog---me.

Members may have noted in the current Wildfowl magazine Giant Equipment Issue that Canadian Wildlife Service contributors reported "Falling numbers of waterfowl hunters have reduced the Canadian harvest to a small fraction of the total numbers of ducks and geese harvested across the continent each year."

Whatever the answers are to the questions above, this is no time for defeatist talk. Expectations often lead to reality. Not to be political: your President has been handed a superhumanly complex problem, unprecedented in world history, and a big part of his job is managing expectations, building confidence.

It's the same for our shooting sports. Leading isn't quibbling.

Last edited by King Brown; 02/24/09 11:54 AM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

King Brown;
"Not to be political: your President has been handed a superhumanly complex problem, unprecedented in world history, and a big part of his job is managing expectations, building confidence."

Yea trying to find enough Liberals who pay their taxes for his cabinet is not as easy as it sounds !
Dont' worry thou the DOW seems to like what he has done so far

Hillary For Prison 2018
Sidelock
Sidelock

Quote King:
"The question I have is where do the people live who are doing the buying? Recreation or home defence, and for what reasons?"

That's a fair question and I'll answer this as best as possible. First off I live in a densly populated urban area in Arizona.
Additionally I work part time at one of the busiest gun shops here and spend a lot of time at shows.

The bulk of the purchases I have noted lately have been in the semi-automatic pistol(Glock,Sig etc.) and semi-automatic rifle(AR15,AK47 etc.) areas. Many of these have been purchased by new firearms owners and they usually have to be shown how to operate the gun. Everyone seems to be aware of the threat of a new "assault weapon" ban and also are very concerned for their own personal safety with the current economic and political climate we're facing. The shop has been completely sold out of AR 15 type rifles at times and the manufacturers are all back ordered from what I understand.
One of the Managers set up at the last major gun show here with 60 brand new AR15s made by DPMS. He sold all of them in less than one day. I'll post more as more information becomes available.
Jim

Sidelock
Sidelock

Asking about at local shops indicates that Jim is spot on about the type of firearm purchased, the profile of the folks buying, and their reasons for doing so. All I can say is I'm happy they didn't all see the potential of the M1A or a Garand (size counts, the "big lie", etc). Hopefully, we won't be poking holes in each other with these sinister-looking varmint rifles but who knows?

jack

Sidelock
Sidelock

what is happening to our country? the only small bore rifle i own is mod. 99 chambered for .300sav.
perhaps i should get me that ar15a2 and couple flat green tins to go with it?

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Jagermeister
what is happening to our country? the only small bore rifle i own is mod. 99 chambered for .300sav.
perhaps i should get me that ar15a2 and couple flat green tins to go with it?

Whats happening in this Country?
Unfortunately the Country is polarized as never before. I personally feel I have little to nothing in common with the Obama supporters and I supect they feel the same way about the likes of me. Just listen to what one of the ACORN Members is saying in this interview and you'll understand where I'm coming from:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mxahQ--O9Vs

I was brought up in a working class/blue collar staunch Democratic household. My beliefs haven't changed since my early years but the Democratic party has shifted so far to the left that it would have been in concert with the Communist part of my youth. I hate to bring politics back into this discussion but I think it's the only way you can explain what's happening with gun purchases today.
Jim

Sidelock
Sidelock

What is happening to our country you ask ...??

As Alan Keys explains in his video, and he is a black conservative, the current administration will destroy this country during this current four year term, far beyond what "anybody realizes", especially the losers that voted for Hussien Obama.......there will be enough legislative damage that it will not be repaired.....therefore, our country as we know it, will be forever negatively damaged and changed.........and that is a fact.........and that is what the dummies voted for....CHANGE......

It is the beginning of the saddest evolution in the history of the U.S.A.....ALL BECAUSE "STUPID" PEOPLE VOTED FOR "STUPID" PEOPLE......

The current gun sales reflect this..........
The current stock market reflects this..........
Consumer confidence reflects this...........
Foreign relations reflect this...........
World attitude reflects this..........

AND SO ON........

Doug

Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.