April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
5 members (Karl Graebner, Tim in PA, FlyChamps, Jimmy W, NCTarheel), 442 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,479
Posts545,212
Members14,410
Most Online1,335
Apr 27th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Sidelock
Sidelock

now me get it. i can see why someone would pay over $170 for springfield receiver (custom & classic section of the froum).

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

It was said tonite on the Glenn Beck Show, that the bubbas as in the "Bubba effect" who btw are for the most part constitutionalist in their beliefs, might be the first arrested for their choice of firearms - even tho they are fending off the hords of wrong doers.
I see cases of 223s going out the door - perhaps a wrong choice for the long run and your duty.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Part of the end run the D.C. city council is attempting to circumvent the recent Supreme Court ruling (Heller vs. D.C.) is to ban any clip fed gun capable of holding more than 10 rounds. But this also includes your .22 with a five round clip merely because someone may sell or make a clip for that gun capable of holding more. No gun is safe from any gun banner. No Constitutional right is safe from anyone who would infringe on the 2nd Amendment. A related thread several days ago chronicled the efforts, marches, and protests by angry former gun owners in Canada and elsewhere. That is reactive. Maybe too little too late. Will we also wait until it's too late to react? Isn't that motivation enough to do something beforehand? Have you called-written-e-mailed your senators and congressmen yet to let them know where you expect them to stand? Have you joined and supported the NRA? Or do you just plan to let others carry the load for you, and then whine when you lose something precious?

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
Sidelock

The Natl. firearms act of 1934 was the beginning of the end.

R. Craig Clark
jakearoo(at)cox.net
Sidelock
Sidelock

"A related thread several days ago chronicled the efforts, marches, and protests by angry former gun owners in Canada and elsewhere."

keith, those "angry former gun owners" are still gun owners and their efforts, including storming Parliament Hill, resulted in the opposition Conservative Party promising to get rid of the gun registry.

The Conservative Party of Canada now is a minority government and holding to its promise when it has a majority in the House of Commons. What we did was not too little or too late; I was a mouthpiece and paraded outside the legislature here.

American sportsmen should consider more seriously demographics: their country (as Canada's) is one of hollowing countrysides and city states. We remind countryside politicians their seats are safe biding by our will.

This provides no assurance of anything because a majority represent the cities. It does, however, command a strong voice and represent a constituency to consider in making laws for everyone involving heritage, tradition and rights.

Yip-yapping about Amendments or Constitutions doesn't cut it. There was a time when reference to those words meant game-over. No more. Publics demanding better representation from their politicians must learn to thrust where it hurts.

I've been on these barricades for a long time. I know what doesn't work. Brave talk is great for the sound-bites and cameras but our guys who went to Parliament Hill were mostly respected white-haired community veterans, no camo and ball caps.

We got a written and declared political commitment from the governing party of Canada. Off-your-ass activism works, as mentioned many times here. Paying someone to act for us is O.K. for the weak and infirmed of our community.

The strong and willing do both.

Sidelock
Sidelock

What King said! Knashing of teeth and wringing of hands, passing emails to other folks who believe the way you do, aint gonna cut it. Get off your ass and get writing calling emailing the people YOU elected, (wheather you voted for them or not, they were elected by the American public) and let them know what you want them to hear. Like the lead shot issue, if it happens, it will be because we let it happen....

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Jakearoo
The Natl. firearms act of 1934 was the beginning of the end.

Perceptive.

And contrary to popular mythology NFA had nothing to do with crime and Dillinger, though that was the propaganda at the time.

http://www.americanheritage.com/articles/magazine/ah/1963/4/1963_4_18.shtml

Sam

Sidelock
Sidelock

Sam, that's a fascinating read, good reporting. MacArthur's involvement comes up in historian accounts but never to my knowledge in such detail. Makes me wonder if the march lingered in public memory, if Truman didn't have more public support than I thought when he fired MacArthur from all his commands 18 years later. It seemed a powerfully gutsy call at the time. Reading the news flash in the wire room, I was astonished. Thanks for the link and thanks to American Heritage.

Last edited by King Brown; 02/21/09 07:35 PM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

i looked over one of them ar15a2s with light 16" barrel and telescopic stock. most say bushmaster or s&w is better value but it was still nice handy piece of hardware. i didn't want to blow $1300 on something that will be illegal to own down the line.

Sidelock
Sidelock

In my opinion, based on the present economic situation the U.S.A. Simply cannot cannot afford to register firearms, if Canada,s experience is any guide as to cost.
To date Canada has spent $3.0 Billion on the registry for long guns.[ie; Hand guns have been subject to registration and strict control since the 1930,s.] Considering the number of firearms in circulation in the U.S.A.the cost of a registry would likely exceed the cost of the Auto or perhaps even the Bank bail out.
Has criminal use of firearms declined in Canada as a result of registration of long guns,I believe not! Every day we read of Shootings and murders related to gang and drug activity. The weapon of choice being the hand gun, which as I said earlier have been subject to registration since the 1930,s.
Perhaps The cost implications,may influence politicians to reconsider the wisdom of registration?

Roy Hebbes
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.