May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
8 members (Der Ami, graybeardtmm3, Jason Dubois, Hammergun, 3 invisible), 266 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,547
Posts546,157
Members14,423
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Sidelock
Sidelock

Lemme see, all the guy said (that was intelligible) was that he had a couple hundred acres of scrub farmland, a tractor, a bushhog, couple of Britguns, a .22 with an inexpensive scope and a brick of ammo, lots of crows, and a toolbox composed of nailclippers and dental floss. There are days I'd gladly trade my patch of Subblovia for just that, altho this isn't one of them as I've got something coming UPS from Kansas and it was stuck in Hodgkins, IL for 32 hours. And I've never been sure there wasn't a parodistic intention: with all the talk of Renwax around here, one could imagine there's more than one shiny . . . oh never mind.

jack

Sidelock
Sidelock

Thorny's description of Glenthorne Estate / Manor in other posts and on another board is much more poetically descriptive than what you have here Jack. Thorny may in fact have an estate comprised of two thousand acres. The joke here is the snobbish way in which he talks about his property. I would like to meet him someday because I will bet that he is not at all the "country gentleman snob" that he portrays in his writings / rantings.

Perry M. Kissam
NRA Patron Life Member
Sidelock
Sidelock

The SSMB banishment is in the past and Lowell takes it with good humor. Unfortunately, there was an attempt to blackball him here some years ago and I admit to being sorely tempted to go along. Since then, the argumentum ad hominem, the needling, and the "pose" have been toned down to the point of self-caricature. Altho occasionally digressive, his best posts are entertaining and his worst innocuous. Took me a while to discover his better self and my better self may have improved a bit while so doing.

"flatliner" jack

Sidelock
Sidelock

I hope I'm not in the minority here, I always had the feeling that LG was really a great guy who had a wicked, if different, sense of humor.

I'm really hoping that he's ok and the storm has made him "powerless".

Doug Mann
Sidelock
Sidelock

LG "powerless"? Can't be. He is reputed to generate enough static electricity to power a small city from waxing his Beesley. ---'Course, Glenthorn may be bigger than a small city!!

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

I always get a chuckle from a Thorny post. In the first incarnation of the board, Thorny was certainly not the only spewer of poison, but, most of it ended when Dave went to the sign in type of system, and cracked a whip, so to speak, shortly thereafter. No one will ever accuse 'Ole Thorny of technical diversity or skills in said realm, but, nobody here has better taste in guns, better stuff in their safe, or a better grip on what we don't have in the woods today than Thorny. As Steve Forbert laments, bittersweetly, he was "Born too late, and everything he loves, is gone, gone, gone", and I bet 'Old Thorny can relate. I'd love to share a pint or two with the guy, but, I'd pass on the turkeys and deer he has in abundance, as the dog is what keeps me hunting today. Chin up, Thorny, and if I don't get the chance to tell you in a PM, (since it seems to be on the fritz for a few around here) Merry Christmas!
Best,
Ted

Sidelock
Sidelock

Same here LG.

old hopper

Sidelock
Sidelock

Gentlemen:

I do believe you have grown fond of Thorny.

I, for one, have found his current incarnation to be basically harmless, if a bit eccentric. His posts are frequently entertaining - and I see a good deal of tongue in cheek.

I hope he is ok also.

Regards

GKT

Texas Declaration of Independence 1836 -The Indictment against the dictatorship, Para.16:"It has demanded us to deliver up our arms, which are essential to our defence, the rightful property of freemen, and formidable only to tyrannical governments."
tw Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Well, I just hope that our young man has not had to endure too much in the way of hardship .. we all seem to draw sufficient measure of challenge to keep us on our toes and trying to do something, be it get the power back on or retreive a sunken treasure or just staying healthy or keeping a good dog about. Its clear and cool here tonight with a blue possum moon that one could darn near read by; some very light dusting of snow in the wee hours or the morn past, if you were up at that time and caught it before the dawn's first light .. weather that invites a fire in the hearth and a nip to take the bite off. Electricity is hardly requisite for either, but it is for Thorny to account for himself or recount afronts from shadows perceived in the woods and drifts .. and the owl in its silent flight said, "Who?"

Sidelock
Sidelock

I can't wait for his first post when he gets back online...it ought to be entertaining!

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.